Chapter 59: Trick or Trust

||

~No one's POV~

||

Kim Eunhye.

Most people knew her as Kim Chanwoo's wife. Mother of Kim Seokjin, Kim Namjoon, and Kim Taehyung.

But Namjoon remembered her as the mother who died because of him.

Since their failed attempt at running away, Eunhye was locked in a room, without any exit. She was given meals three times a day, and that was it. No other outer connection.

She had no idea where were her sons.

She had no idea if they were safe.

But she knew that they were away from Kim Chayoung's clutches.

And that was enough reassurance for her to live.

At least her children won't return with bruises every day.

At least their life was taken away like their childhood.

At least they wouldn't grow up to hate their mother like they hated their father.

A tear rolled down her cheeks, and a sob rose in her throat.

She cried, alone and helpless.

Because no one would hear her sobs.

She was alone here.

No one knew if she was alive or dead.

||

~Somewhere else~

||

"Hyung, are you sure you want to tell him everything?" Taehyung asked again.

"He is already on his way, you can't stall it any longer," Jin replied without taking his eyes off the door.

They both were sitting in their allotted rooms, waiting for Namjoon to arrive. Taehyung was skeptical about Jin's decision of telling everything to Namjoon, but he trusted his instincts.

The doorknob turned and Namjoon peeked inside.

"Hyung, you called me?" Namjoon asked, closing the door behind him.

Jin nodded and gestured to the sofa in front of him. Namjoon sat on it, waiting patiently.

"Namjoon, you know that the Song gang is our rival, don't you?" Namjoon nodded, not knowing where this was going.

Beside Jin, Taehyung tensed at the mention of rivals, but it went unnoticed.

"I have seen you training with her. And I'm afraid you are trusting her way too much," Jin said, his eyebrows knitting together with worry.

Namjoon blinked. "She is helping us right now, why shouldn't we trust her?"

"That's the whole point. We can't trust her." Jin began.

"But why?"

"You remember Youngsoo? Our savior? Who kept us alive after...after the incident?' Jin asked slowly.

"Of course I do," Namjoon replied, confused at the change of topic. What did Youngsoo have to do with trusting the Song gang?

"What was his full name?" Jin asked further.

Namjoon furrowed his eyebrows. "I don't remember, did he tell us?"

"He did. His full name was Song Youngsoo. Remember?" Jin pressed further.