Chapter 38: Favored Sheltered

||

~No one's POV~

||

Y/N stares at the sleeping form of Jungkook. The latter sleeps nestled into the blankets, his soft snores ringing in the silence.

Sitting on the edge of his bed, Y/N smiles softly remembering the days after he came to them for shelter. Just a boy of thirteen, already orphaned, homeless and frightened by people he didn't even know existed.

||

~Flashback~

||

Y/N opened the door groggily, her gun hidden behind her. A safety precaution. In case any police officer comes, they'll see the groggy face of a teenager. If it's an intruder, they'll see the muzzle of the gun.

However, the person outside was a little boy, shaking and trembling on the doorstep.

Yoongi quickly ushered him inside and looked around for any witnesses. He then made him sit on the sofa and Hoseok came back minutes later with first aid.

"He is Jeon Jungkook, son of Jeon Hyunshik," Yoongi said answering Y/N's unasked questions.

Y/N put aside her questions for now and began rubbing the boy's back as he gulped down three glasses of water. As he wiped his mouth, Y/N saw streaks of blood on his face.

Correction. He was splattered in blood.

"Hyunshik-ssi was betrayed by one of his own. His last call was for me, to keep his son safe. They succeeded in getting him to escape, but this cost them their lives." Yoongi said with a solemn face, staring intently at the boy. "I am tasked with training their son to become capable of defending himself. It is a favour for him in return for a favour he did me years ago."

Yoongi stopped there but Y/N made a mental note to ask him about the whole story. Hoseok began cleaning the wounds on his feet and hands, then proceeded to bandage them.

"I can relate and I can understand what you are going through. A life without parents is new to you but I can help. You are under my care now. You have no reason to fear anyone but me now." Y/N offered as her way of showing empathy.

A lone tear appeared on Jungkook's face at the topic of parents, but he wiped it before anyone could see it.

"Appa said you will train me. I already know martial arts and basic defence techniques. I promise I won't betray you, I'll be the best one you can trust on." Jungkook said looking at Y/N.

His gaze was sharp, determined. Y/N saw a fire in his dark eyes that was not due to excitement or fear.

It was for revenge.

||

~Flashback ends~

||

"Kookie, I am so proud of you. So much I bet the whole ocean could be filled with it. And I know you sleep like a dead body so I'm saying this or you'll be dancing on my head every day." Y/N chuckled, the sound ringing in the silence.

"Remember when you had fencing lessons with Yoongi Oppa? You had asked why bother learning about a weapon if you can't take it everywhere. A few missions later, we were stuck in the Nash Mansion and there were only two weapons, your gun and a sabre. Obviously, you took the sabre and learned the first practical lesson: 'You never know what's gonna come your way. So keep your shoes buckled and pyjamas ready to fucking run.' " Y/N sighed heavily.

"Today I'll give you one more reason: 'Never suspect anyone until you have three alternate plans on what you gonna do if you are wrong.' " Y/N patted Jungkook's cheek and got up to leave the room.

Before going out, she glanced back once more. The boy's breathing never wavered, and Y/N's gaze never faltered.

"If you are awake and any word of this gets out of this room, you will find yourself swimming in a pool of your own blood with piranhas." This made Jungkook's breathing a little bit faster; he was awake as hell.

||

"Look, I don't have time for formalities like apologies, and neither do I have a reason to apologize to you for being a tad bit protective, so let's get to the point." Y/N began.

"I'll take that as a greeting," Jin replied in a monotone.

Ignoring the comment, Y/N glanced at the sleeping form of Namjoon.

"Is he alive?"

"Don't talk about him."

"Fine. Who is Minjun to you? Or rather, what are the Kims to you?" Y/N jumped straight to the questions.

"What are the chances you'll kill us anyway after getting out vital information? Better die in silence than after helping you." Jin said, poison dripping from his tone.

Y/N stared into Jin's eyes, finding nothing but hatred there. Quite understandable, as she was actually the one who had caused them trouble, from their perspective.

"If you give us information, correct information," Y/N stressed the word correct to give a point, "you have my word no ally of mine would dare to harm in any way, physically or mentally, directly or indirectly. We can arrange for written documents too if you need them." Y/N face showed no emotions, nothing that could be mistaken as sarcasm.

"Why would I believe you if you never believed us?" Jin spat out.

"Because if I wanted you dead I wouldn't be having this little talk with you right here. I would be casually sipping on my coffee, listening to the recorded tapes of you three screaming in agony. Trust me I have a playlist of that." Y/N waved her phone as proof.

Jin stared at Y/N with narrowed eyes, Beside him, Taehyung was sitting with his eyes on the floor. Finally, he looked up.

"Y/N, I trust you, even if Jin Hyung doesn't." Taehyung stole a glance at Namjoon. "But it is true that the reason my brother is suffering is you. And to end it I will do whatever I can, but only if you trust me to let us go on our way once and for all."

"I do trust you Taehyung. And as I said, you have my word." Y/N promised.

Taking a deep breath, Taehyung began. "We are actually the heirs of the Kim family. You must have guessed it because I know you did. But we are not entitled to the kingdom anymore. We left that world years ago. Minjun was our cousin. now the empire is supposed to go to him. How he is connected to Namjoon Hyung's abduction, I have got no idea. But I do know that he is not very cunning in himself, it must be his father, Uncle Kim Chanyoung."

"Chanyoung?" Y/N repeated, taking out her phone to send a quick text to Yoongi. Seconds later the reply came.

Chanyoung is Chanwoo's brother. The duo always works together, no motive to work on the bad side.

"How are you so sure?" Y/N questioned.

Taehyung noticed the doubt in her tone and rephrased whatever he had wanted to say first.

"I'm not saying he is the culprit. Just, he doesn't like us three to run away from our legacy. He is angry at us for abandoning our duties. He might not be guilty, but he sure does have a grudge against us."

Y/N sighed heavily. Getting up to the bookshelf, she took out the small journal wedged between the heavy books and reached in for the small button inside.

The bookshelf slid open to reveal a huge bulletin board of numerous pictures, notes and papers stuck to the wall, connected with strings. The boys stood up in shock.

"Now Jin, with your spying skills, tell me where does Chanyoung come on this board?"

||

Vote for President Namjoon.