Chapter 57: Empty Dreams

||

~Flashback~

||

Jimin turned off the shower head, he was too tired now. He just needed sleep.

After he had been dropped at home by Yoongi, he hadn't gone into his house where he was sure to see disapproving looks from his parents.

He had, instead, walked to the nearest bus station and taken up a bus for Seoul.

Here, he had joined the trainee position he had auditioned for. He got selected in the first round, something he didn't think would be possible.

But now it was only due to his hard work and determination he was going to get a scholarship to the Dance Academy in England.

Until a letter came three days ago saying the seats are full and he should apply next year.

He had always wanted to learn to dance professionally, and this was his chance. He could finally pursue his passion as his career, and finally, do something on his own. But all his hopes crashed as soon as he read that letter.

He soon fell asleep on the bed in the rented apartment he had been living since the last six months. He always practiced dancing, even though his application was rejected now.

He was again spiraling into the dark days of despair but he was always reminded of the crazy girl who sang Levitating in her drunken state, ruining his plans of dying.

He would often wonder what might have happened to the crazy girl. She had accidentally saved his life, a decision he would have surely regretted.

As sleep was about to come, Jimin was disturbed from his slumber by a loud shrieking voice.

He couldn't make out the words but he didn't want to listen. So he pulled his pillow over his head to block the noises.

"...who are you?..."

"...please help us...we just need some water..."

"...we don't let in homeless people...go away..."

"...just a glass of water please-"

A door slammed shut.

Jimin stood up suddenly, sleep forgotten.

"The voice, I have heard it before," Jimin went out to look from the window, and sure enough, he could never forget that girl ever.

"The crazy girl?" Jimin muttered confused.

As she came under the light, he noticed her clothes were covered in blood. Jimin's body chilled, a shiver running down his spine.

Blood?

Was she injured?

Jimin took his blanket and went downstairs, only to see the girl limping away from the house. The landlady that lived below her muttered obscenities about how everyone just mugged up to get free food without work.

Jimin ignored her and ran to the girl.

"Hey, you! Stop, wait!"

The girl glanced over her shoulder to see Jimin running towards her with a blanket flailing behind him. Before she could react by running or getting out of the way, Jimin wrapped her in the blanket.

"You must be cold, let's get you inside then we can clean your wounds." Jimin guided her by her shoulders and she followed him, too weak to resist.