Chapter 11: Kidnapped

||

~No one's POV~

||

Namjoon woke up gasping, soaked in cold water. His eyes stung from the bright light that filled his vision after long hours of keeping him blindfolded.

He had woken up a long time ago but was kept here, blindfolded. For some time he started counting seconds to at least guess how much time had passed but then he fell asleep.

He tugged at his hands to shield his eyes but there were ropes tied around them.

"Awake now? Great. So, nice to meet you again, Mr. Kim Namjoon." He could finally see the face in front of him with a little bit of clarity. And he was again shocked at the warped ways of the universe.

||

~Flashback~
~The Library~

||

"Found you." Y/N smiled to herself as she sat on the nearest chair.

In front of Namjoon.

From his peripheral, Namjoon glanced at the book she picked. Map of the Soul. One of his favourites.

He smiled to himself.

At least there is someone who loves philosophy, he thought.

Then he glanced at the girl's face.

He gasped. "You?"

Y/N looked up with furrowed eyebrows. Her eyes slowly widened as he recognized the naive kid from the alleyway who ruined her plans.

"Yes me." She stared blankly at Namjoon.

"Are you...okay? Did that man hurt you?" Namjoon asked as politely as possible. He thought he had offended her.

"He didn't." She flashed a smile at him and he nodded. They both went back to their books, and no one spoke.

Until Y/N broke the silence. "Have you read Demian?" She asked suddenly.

"Yes. Many times. One of my favorites." Namjoon answered politely. But Y/N panicked.

"Did you notice anything weird?" She asked in hushed tones.

"No. Did you?" Namjoon asked back in the same hushed tones.

"At first I had thought Demian was the protagonist, but actually the protagonist was Sinclair." Y/N covered up quickly.

"Same. Even I was surprised when the story started from Sinclair and Demian joined afterwards." Namjoon admitted.

Again there was a silence, a comfortable one.

This time no one broke it.

Y/N sighed, as it was confirmed now that Namjoon didn't see that paper. Her relaxing moment was disturbed by a phone call.

"Yes?" She answered.

"Y/N-ah, come here. We got clues." Yoongi said from the other side and hung up.

As expected Y/N ran out of the library, leaving a bewildered Namjoon behind.

"She could have at least borrowed the book." He muttered and again went back to his book. It wasn't his matter of concern anyways.