Chapter 50: Song Youngsoo

||

~No one's POV~

||

Jimin shook his head.

Again.

Again.

And again.

"No...he is dead..." Jimin whispered.

This was not practically possible. His mind ran through tons of different scenarios, maybe a lookalike hired by the attackers, or maybe someone has done plastic surgery on themselves, or maybe they have a doppelganger, or something, anything except that he was alive.

Real.

Alive.

Breathing.

This just wasn't possible.

He could picture Youngsoo's limp body in front of his eyes like it was only yesterday.

He could smell the metallic scent of the blood around him like it was here.

He could feel Youndsoo's body go limp in his hands as he uttered his last words, "Tell Y/N I love her." as if they were said in his ears.

And yet, he could also see Youngsoo's stern face on the screen, as if he has seen them and knows what is about to happen to them.

As if he knows they are in danger.

As if he knows what the danger is.

As if he knows everyone has fucked up badly.

"Hyung...this is not him, right?" Jungkook asked feebly.

The poor maknae was still staring at the screen, unable to believe his own eyes.

It was he who had noticed the growing red stain on Youngsoo's shirt. It was he who saw him fall first, grunting as two more bullets dug into his shoulder and back. It was he who ran to catch his weak form as the fight was won but a comrade was injured.

"It's not...him..." Jimin gulped, his throat suddenly very dry.

"We should tell Yoongi Hyung about this," Jimin whipped out his phone and dialed the red-haired man's number.

"What?" Came his bored voice.

"We found...something...very important...you...you need to see it..." Jimin's voice trembled and Yonngi's voice came back, urgent.

"I'll be there in a minute." He hung up and a few minutes later hustling footsteps announced Yoongi and Hoseok's arrival.

"What happen-" Yoongi froze on the spot, eyes not wavering a bit.

In front of him, was his protectee, whom he had failed to protect. The one person whom he had to give up his life to protect them, the one whom he thought had died due to his careless mistake.

Mistake of abandoning his escort in the face of danger.

But this couldn't be him, right?

He was dead, right?

He was dead because Yoongi had been too busy to attack the other opponents, right?

"I...How?" Yoongi let out a strangled whisper.

He glanced at Hoseok, then at the screen, blinking his eyes, shaking his head, denial.

Hoseok, on the other hand, smiled.

Not a small one that gets hidden in the stern face.

A full smile.

A bright smile.