Chapter 47: Accidental Encounters

||

~No one's POV~

||

Y/N opens her room's door to a series of frantic knocking.

On the other side, Jimin stands, panting heavily with beads of sweat clinging to his face.

"What happened?" Y/N asks, immediately concerned.

"Our Seoul warehouse...is destroyed..." Jimin gulped to steady his breathing. "But they haven't attacked it...exactly..."

"What do you mean?" Y/N ushered him inside the room and handed him a glass of water.

Jimin drank all of it in one go and began explaining the incident.

"Yesterday, at 2:36 at night, our scanners at the warehouse gates detected an unknown entity that was shown to be a van just like ours. Every worker working at the warehouse has an identity logo on the vans that go inside. This van, however, did not have that sticker. So our security systems were alerted, and the van was stopped. It was taken to the elimination ground and checked thoroughly when they realized that this was, in fact, our van, and the fake van was already brought inside. And before they could act on this information, the bombs exploded and the whole warehouse was on fire. The only things we could retrieve were the workers and some of the ammunition, but the whole property is now destroyed."

Jimin sat down on the couch with his head in his hands. "No one knows about the stickers except the workers. And we have bonded them in the code of conduct, so they can never snitch. However, I have started a search for the intruder-"

"No need." Y/N stopped Jimin.

Jimin looked at her with confusion.

"If we look into this matter, it will give the attacker exactly what they want, us being distracted. Instead, I would like you to proceed to plan B."

"Plan B? Right now?" Jimin questioned again.

Y/N nodded in confirmation.

"Let us see how much they know about us. I'm pretty sure they will raid another one of our properties. I want you to change every defense system to plan B. How much time will it take?"

Jimin thought for a moment. "Roughly three hours, because of the amount of data to be updated and the distance between each server and the main server."

"Perfect. They can plan to raid in three hours but to gather the resources that they need, they will need at least eight hours. We have a window." Y/N stated.

"I will head to the lab, if you need anything tell me," Jimin rushed out of the room with hurried steps to reach the lab quickly.

Y/N looked out of the window, at the pond in the garden. She could almost see him patting the seat beside him to make space for her to sit. But she can't.

Because neither he is here.

Nor she is the same.

||

The training is over for now. All four of them have been taught basic defense techniques and attacks, enough for them to survive. Yoongi has ordered them to keep practicing every day, and everyone comes at their preferred time.

Jin and Taehyung come in the morning, guiding each other, and after them, Maria comes with Jungkook.

Namjoon, however, comes in the evenings when there is silence in the training room.