Chapter 65: Burning Hopes

||

~No one's POV~

||

Y/N couldn't hear what Taehyung said next due to the blood rushing in her ears.

Everything was faded, she only knew that history was repeating itself and she won't let it happen.

Y/N ushered everyone outside and blared the alarms.

As everyone stood in the living room, Y/N breathed a sigh of relief seeing everyone alive.

No one is dead.

"Oppa! Get the water hose!" Y/N ordered as she ran outside, grabbing the fire extinguisher at the entrance.

Looking around the house, Y/N found the source of the fire was actually behind the house, a dump of what looked like old papers and newspapers lit on fire.

The flames easily reached up to the first floor, probably the reason why Taehyung was so panicked.

Y/N sprayed the fire extinguisher but it could do nothing.

Y/N had no idea how so many papers came into the yard, or how did it catch fire, she only knew she had to douse them.

Tears flowed from her eyes not because of the fire, but because of how familiar it looked, how familiar it felt.

She had never hated deja vu so much until that specific moment.

The fire extinguisher ran out in her hands and she let it drop to the ground.

The empty container rolled away leaving Y/N standing before the fire.

She couldn't move.

All she could see was her mother and father's lifeless body staring at her from the fire.

From that same awful fire.

||

~Flashback~

||

Y/N was sure her brother hadn't run away.

Who in his right mind would leave a whole family at the age of sixteen just to go off the grid? For absolutely no reason?

This is why she went to search for Youngsoo.

Because she was a good sister.

She won't let her brother go away that easily.

But when she couldn't find him for three months, she knew she had to get back home. Youngsoo would probably show up when he wanted to. She had to be responsible.

She had gone home once, but no one was at the house. And she was promptly attacked by enemies who couldn't possibly know about her location, right?

Anyways, the second time she went, everyone was there.

The only catch was, they weren't alive.

"Oppa! Get the water hose!" Y/N screamed as she frantically looked for a fire extinguisher.

She couldn't find one, all of them were empty.

Panicking, she turned on the water sprinkler system of the pond. Maybe that could help?

"I am getting it to stay at your place!" Yoongi yelled at her, but she couldn't.