Chapter 6: Kims

||

~No one's POV~

||

"Y/N-ah. Let's go." Jimin pulled Y/N out of the art room.

Her mind went completely blank at seeing the initial. By pure muscle memory, she walked beside Jimin, out of the building, toward the car that was waiting at the Gemstone Fountain.

Jimin knew something happened, so he kept quiet until they reached the fountain.

Yoongi, Jungkook, and Hoseok sat up straight as they saw the two coming. Looking at their faces, they knew they found something and that whatever they found was not good.

No one spoke a word.

But Y/N was thinking at full speed Trying to connect all clues. All clues pointed to some possibilities, each of them worse than the last. Groaning she held her head.

"What sin did I commit in last life?" She mumbled through her hands.

"I bet you stole my banana milk." Jungkook spoke trying to lighten the mood. It worked.

Y/N giggled slightly.

"Okay. So Jimin, what did you find?" Y/N turned to ask the boy.

She was sitting in the front seat near Yoongi who was driving. Jimin, Jungkook, and Hoseok were sitting in the back seats.

Jimin took out the documents from his coat pocket. "I found this." He handed the documents to Y/N.

She read the title and paused. "What does Daehyun have to do with Kims?" She asked out loud.

"Maybe some deal. Weapons, drugs, slaves, anything could be possible. Who knows he might have married off one of his children with the Kims." Yoongi spoke nonchalantly. But then stopped. "Did he even have kids?"

"Nah. Daehyun only had his sluts. No kids. He has his right-hand man though, the one we killed that day." Y/N pressed her lips in a line, thinking about anything she might have missed.

"What about the Kims? Do they have children?" Hoseok asked.

"They...had? I mean like they had three sons. But as I said, the sons are nowhere to be seen after they moved from Ilsan. Something might have happened here and they shifted. Probably the kids are living with changed surnames. Hell, they themselves might not know who they are." Y/N shrugged.

"It makes sense. They might not want to be included in this Mafia business." Jungkook said softly.

They all nodded in silence.

For a moment Y/N asked herself, did she want this?

The answer came yes.

Because she would kill to gain power rather than stand in a corner watching people mock them for being powerless.

Not even in her nightmares.

||

~Somewhere else~

||

Namjoon played with his food. He was trying to organize the information he had into something meaningful.

So far he got nothing.

"Namjoon-ah, is the food not okay?" Jin asked.

"It's great Hyung. I just don't have appetite." Namjoon pushed the untouched plate of food away.