Chapter 52: You Messed Up

||

~No one's POV~

||

Y/N stood looking at the floor, under the scrutinizing eyes of everyone.

"Would you like to explain where were you?" Jimin said in a stern voice, and even a deaf person could tell that he was pissed.

Y/N mumbled something in a slow voice, not looking up from her feet.

"I said speak!" Jimin shouted the last word and everyone in the room flinched slightly.

"I was at our tree," Y/N mumbled, a bit louder this time.

"And why, may I ask, were you there without informing any of us?" Jimin asked, his fists clenched at his sides.

Y/N noticed it and gulped.

"I didn't know I was going to go there, I just zoned out and when I zoned in I was at the tree," Y/N answered sounding sincere.

"And why, did your travel not get recorded in any of the security cameras?"

Y/N blinked.

Her lie was caught.

"And why, may I ask, did you feel it necessary to lie to me right now?" Jimin gritted out each why with an anger Y/N could feel on her skin.

"Oh, she wouldn't say anything now, because she knows what she is doing so she would never zone out and walk out of the secured house to become a full-on target of enemies." Jungkook threw back the words Y/N had said and Y/N knew by now that the Busan boys were extremely pissed at her.

"Guys I-"

"No now you listen," Jungkook pointed an accusing finger at Y/N, shutting her off. "We have been worried to death about where did our precious Y/N go, and you just decide to sneak in the house at night without telling us a shit about where you were. I know whatever the fuck you do is always for us but you need to stop!"

Y/N just looked at Jungkook, realizing a bit too late that she messed up badly this time.

"I didn't say anything when you hid Jaehwa from me, I didn't say anything when you kept these three in the house," Junkook threw a hand in the direction of the Kim brothers who flinched a bit at their mention. "I didn't say anything when you did shits because I trusted you, but now I will say everything. I hate when you do that. Because it makes me question whether you trust me the way I do. Because I've told you everything, and you've told me nothing."

Jungkook stood in the living room, breathing heavily from his outburst. Y/N opened her mouth to say something, but the one who always had to have the last words was now at loss for words.

Y/N could literally feel the relationship break as Jungkook took in her silence as the wrong answer.

She knew it was a bad idea to disappear without a trace, and that she had hidden many things, but realizing that not everyone was oblivious to this was a huge blow to her.

Y/N looked at Yoongi for help, but the pale man only gave her a reproving look.

"I can say the same Y/N. You should have at least told me. I would have given you the privacy but just the assurance that you are alive would have made our day much better."

Y/N shut her mouth, her shoulders drooping as everyone seemed to be on the scolding side.

"I'm sorry guys, I know I have hidden many things but I can't tell you that before the time comes, or it will put you in danger as well as everyone els-"

"You should be worried about your own safety too," Yoongi cut her off in a stern tone. Y/N closed her mouth, knowing that Yoongi was right. "If you are injured, or hurt, it would reduce our chances of survival too, seeing that Sunghoon is also still recovering. Now, you are not allowed to go anywhere without informing someone, and this is my final warning."

Y/N nodded at Yoongi's words.

Yoongi raised an eyebrow, waiting for her response.

"I understand," Y/N said, releasing a sigh.

She looked up at Jimin and Jungkook, none of them looking at her and were rather focused on the door behind her.

Slowly, Hoseok and Yoongi left the room, heading to Sunghoon's room to change his bandages and update him on the current progress of the case.

Maria too stood up, gave Y/N a small pat on the shoulder, and headed to her room.

The Kim brothers did the same, Namjoon lingering a bit, probably to ask her about the fencing training, but then thought the better of it and left without a word.

Now only Y/N and the Busan boys were in the room, and before Y/N could even open her mouth, Jungkook turned, stomped up the stairs and a door slammed close upstairs.

Y/N looked at Jimin with pleading eyes, wishing he won't be angry at her and would help in getting back on Jungkook's good side.

But the blonde-haired man just stared at Y/N with a cold look.

"I am absolutely not in the mood to talk, and neither is Jungkook. I think you need some time to think about your life choices, and we need some time to think about how to not forgive you. Have fun."

Jimin turned on his heel, leaving Y/N standing in the living room.

Y/N looked at his retreating back, wishing he would turn around, come to her, and say that he is angry but he will still listen to her side and would be here.

But Jimin just walked upstairs, never once turning back.

Something shattered.

Her heart.

Y/N pursed her lips, thinking about how to fix what had gone wrong, and realized that this had started way before and she should have actually told someone before roaming outside.

And also the fact that lying to Jimin hadn't helped a bit.

It only made it worse.

But she also needed some time alone, right?

Wrong.

She could have informed Yoongi.

She really should have.

Because the next time she actually disappears, they will be a bit skeptical about whether to find her or not, and maybe this hesitation will lead to her death or their life on the line.

Her one little walk for herself had cost her weak trust and skeptical stares from everyone.

As a leader, this was definitely not what Appa had taught her.

"This is what you get when you act on your heart!" Y/N muttered angrily, letting herself fall to the ground.

Folding her legs, Y/N sat in the room, speculating her next course of action which involved finding the attacker, researching Giho, and making up with Jungkook and Jimin.

In the midst of all this, Youngsoo was still on the big screen in the lab, whom everyone had completely forgotten about.

Maybe it was for the better that this meeting was delayed.

But maybe, just maybe, it was only brewing more disaster.

||

Vote for President Namjoon.