Chapter 72: Closed Case

||

~No one's POV~

||

It was seven in the morning, way earlier than Yoongi's usual time to wake up so he isn't grumpy the whole day.

Today he was planning to sleep in a bit late, the search for mafia gangs in North America was taking a lot more time than they thought.

They were technically following the code of conduct, but explaining the loophole to other mafia gangs was something that was hard to do in real life. He admired their sense of honesty and loyalty, but you need to know when to be flexible.

This whole matter was greatly ruining his sleep, so he didn't wake up at eight.

It was only Yoongi and his neck pillow.

A peaceful morning.

Until the damn phone rang.

"Ugh," Yoongi groaned.

He grabbed the phone clumsily as he picked up the call to tell them to fuck off.

"The fuck you want?" Yoongi answered the call without bothering to check the caller ID.

"Well I want many things, it depends on what you can offer."

Yoongi stood up straight.

The voice.

The fucking voice.

"Who are you?" He asked furrowing his eyebrows.

"Forgot me already, Hyung?"

Of course, he hadn't forgotten. He was trained to wake up even from the dead if this voice commanded anything.

"What do you want Youngsoo?" Yoongi snapped.

Yoongi got up from his bed and put on his slippers. He might as well track the location to help them narrow down their search.

"A favor."

Yoongi rolled his eyes. Now he had the audacity to ask favors when he is the one trying to sabotage the whole gang?

Yoongi walked briskly in the direction of the lab.

"What makes you think I will do that for you?" Yoongi entered the lab to see Y/N sitting there, as he had expected her to be.

Before Y/N could ask anything, Yoongi shushed her with a finger to his lips and put the call on speaker.

"There are many factors, but the most prominent one is that I have evidence against you that you were involved in the murder of Mr. Gerald Anderson."

Y/N's eyes widened for many reasons.

First, this was Youngsoo calling.

Second, Gerald Anderson was the Vice President of the hotel chain owned by Song Heeyoung's family.

And third, Youngsoo had called Yoongi on his number, with a chance of revealing his location.

"What can you ever do with those shreds of evidence? The case was closed seven years ago." Yoongi said, keeping the conversation going as he set up the location tracker.

"If the case is closed that doesn't mean people won't want revenge." Youngsoo's voice became progressively darker. "You helped Appa ruin lives. You helped him kill a man and ruin his family. And when you should be pleading guilty and admitting your crimes, you are siding with Y/N?"

Youngsoo spat out the name as if it was a curse.

Y/N flinched slightly.

Yoongi took a stern tone. "No matter what you say, Gerald deserved to die. He was a human trafficker who used the hotel privileges to kidnap hundreds of women and child-"

"You never had the right to kill anyone! You are not a god!"

Youngsoo nearly shouted.

"Keep your damn voice low or I won't hesitate to murder you next," Yoongi warned with a dangerous tilt to his voice.

Youngsoo seemed to calm himself down.

"Whatever you say, you could have done it legally. You helped a murderer, and I won't hesitate to turn you in. If you, however, agree to my demands, I might change my mind."

Yoongi scoffed.

"You think I would agree? Fuck off. And you should be ashamed of yourself, calling your own father a murderer? He was the one who had saved your stupid ass when Gerald was about to blast your room. He should have let you die there instead of going in and dragging your ass out so you don't choke to death. Did you even realize that?" Yoongi spat out.

Youngsoo didn't speak anything from the side.

"And about Y/N, after you left for a god-knows-what reason, she was the one who kept the family intact. Not you, not anyone else. She was sixteen. Sixteen and running the whole organization because she was the only one left. It takes a minimum of two years for a mafia gang to regain its position and trust in the underworld, and in that time they are in constant threat of attack until the official initiation. And yet, Y/N managed everything together, not you. I even doubt if you could have done even half of what she did. Staying with Y/N is a choice I would make until my very last breath because your existence is nothing but a waste of oxygen you underserving fuck llama."

Yoongi was breathing heavily, feeling better after pouring all his anger into words. And even better, he got to say those words to exactly the person who was deserving them.

He glanced at Y/N, who had her head down and a small smile playing on her lips.

Yoongi, too, smiled softly, until Youngsoo spoke.

"Well, that was a very thoughtful speech."

The attempt at sarcasm was evident but it lost the usual bite.

"My offer is very simple, however. If you-"

"Not interested." Yoongi hung up as soon as the location was tracked. Youngsoo was shown to be in a cafeteria in Daegu, and Yoongi guessed that probably he found the evidence from his hometown.

Y/N laughed loudly.

"What is an underserving fuck llama?" She wheezed.

Yoongi shrugged. "These words came from the heart of my bottom, do not let them go to waste."

Y/N laughed again.

"Let me call Jimin now, he needs to know what happened," Y/N said, reaching out for her phone.

The call rang and Y/N briefed Jimin about the situation. Her words sent him running, and Y/N knew he would be in the lab in no time.

"I would not tell him the heartfelt speech though, except for the part where you called Youngsoo llama," Y/N grinned cheekily.

"Whatever," Yoongi rolled his eyes. "That bastard ruined my sleep."

"What happened to tell me?!"

Jimin burst through the door with Sunghoon.

A beat passed and they were thrown to the ground when Jungkook too tried to burst in dramatically but toppled over two humans.

Y/N and Yoongi looked at the pile of bodies on the floor with deadpan expressions.

"I bet Hoseok Oppa is on the way," Y/N folded her arms as the three guys stood up groaning.

And soon enough, Hoseok entered the lab at a leisurely pace and closed the door behind him.

"Now we are ready to listen to the tale." Yoongi narrated dramatically.

Y/N rolled her eyes at the antics and began repeating what had happened.

||

Vote for President Namjoon.