Chapter 18: Gunshot

||

~No one's POV~

||

"This is your house?" Jin asked as the car entered the mansion.

"Is there a jungle of houses around that confused you?" Y/N deadpanned as she got out of the car. The brothers followed her behind.

"You live here?" Noticing the panicked tone in Taehyung's voice, Y/N turned to face them.

"Too normal for your liking? Sorry but all mafias don't live in huge-ass haunted castles." She asked narrowing her eyes. "What did you expect?"

Taehyung gulped. "I-It's pretty." He mumbled a weak response. Y/N looked at him for a moment more before turning around, dismissing the matter. She knew they were bothered by something but she can't force them or she would lose the minimal trust they have in her.

Y/N entered the house while Taehyung and Jin exchanged looks.

"We don't have time. If you want your brother alive hurry." Y/N said irritated at the whisper talks between the duo.

As the three entered the living room, the rest four boys stood up to scrutinize the duo. Jimin and Jungkook had stone faces, while the hyungs had smiling faces.

"Seokjin. Taehyung." Y/N gestured to the brothers. "Jungkook. Jimin. Yoongi Oppa. Hoseok Oppa." Then to the other boys.

Both sides nodded slightly in acknowledgement until Y/N clapped her hands to call their attention.

"Jimin must have told you why they are here. Now, to the point. Apparently Namjoon is kidnapped by our enemy. In the end, it again came to us. How ironic." Y/N rolled her eyes. "This idiot still thinks I am related to these three. As if." Y/N scoffed as she picked Yoongi's notes kept on the table.

"Firstly, Yoongi Oppa teach me how to make these types of notes. Mine are literally compilations of scribbles." Y/N mumbled slowly so only Yoongi and Hoseok could hear. Yoongi smiled while Hoseok covered his mouth to stop his laughter at the most inappropriate moment.

Jin and Taehyung stood awkwardly at the entrance, not knowing what to do.

Finally, Taehyung couldn't keep it in any longer. "If she lives here, where is he then?" He whispered.

"Hold on, I am still processing this." Jin whispered back.

Y/N, Hoseok and Yoongi were deep into a discussion so they didn't pay attention to the brothers. But Jungkook and Jimin did pay attention.

The whisperings irritated them. Jimin suddenly walked up to the duo with a death glare. "We know you are spies and stuff, but if Y/N was endangered in any way, I will make sure you can't even breathe in peace."

The murderous look in his eyes clearly showed he meant every word. Jin and Taehyung could only nod as an answer until they were pulled by Hoseok, away from the Busan boys.

"We have a big ass guest room over here, so you are gonna live there." He said cheerfully and the brothers simply followed him. "And don't worry about Jimin and Jungkook, they are a bit overprotective when it comes to Y/N."

Hoseok stopped in front of a room. As he inserted a key to open it, he glanced at Jin once. "Don't try anything weird. Especially escaping. The balcony is open but surrounded by thorny bushes. Dorr will be unlocked, but any floor other than this one is off-limits. And yes," Hoseok opened the door wide. "if you hear screams at night, do not, I repeat, do not come out of your room. And lastly, don't hurt Y/N or you don't want to know what can happen." The smile was replaced by a cold face and the brothers simply nodded.

Hoseok returned to Y/N and Yoongi leaving Jin and Taehyung in the room.

"Hyung, they will find him, right?" Taehyung asked in a quiet voice.

"They will. Or at least, we have to believe they will." Jin answered.

||

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!" Another scream sounded around the room as Namjoon fell to the ground by the blow from the baseball bat.

"I am asking last time. Who. Is. Y/N?" The person asked, annoyed by the lack of success of his plans.

"And I am...telling you again...I don't kno- AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!" Namjoon cried out in pain as the bat hit an already injured place.

"You leave me no choice." The person sighed and signalled the baseball man to stop.

"I give you some rest. You have more chances. Until then, remember, I have knives and I am not afraid to use them. You don't know how much I love hurting people." The person walked away to the exit leaving Namjoon writhing in pain.

Namjoon whimpered, tears pooling in his eyes. He wanted this to be a dream, but not even in his nightmares he could have imagined something like this. This was way worse than what he had experienced before.

With Y/N, he could hardly call that kidnapping. It was a mere storm. Before that, it was a thunderstorm during a cyclone and you are homeless without shelter. But this? This is Jupiter's fastest storm suddenly picking up speed while you lost your spacesuit.

The dark memories usually buried under layers of happy ones now resurfaced and Namjoon didn't even resist. Drowning in the pain from the past was better than living in the pain of the present.

||

"You trust them?" Yoongi asked again.

"I trust their emotions. Not them. I perfectly know they don't trust me too. But for their brother they would do anything. I saw it in their eyes." Y/N answered without making eye contact, sorting through files. Yoongi noticed this.

"You see yourself in them, right?" He asked softly.

Y/N paused for a moment. "They are nowhere near what I was." She laughed darkly. "I would have barged straight into that basement and shot every head in my way to save my brother."

Yoongi nodded seeing this as the end of the discussion. Hoseok too joined with a bright smile but it dropped as soon as he saw Y/N.

Y/N was rooted in the same spot for ten minutes while Yoongi fetched the blueprints of the mansion.

Yoongi and Hoseok panicked looking at her like that and Yoongi cursed himself for bringing up the topic of her family. "What's the plan Y/N-ah, huh?" Hoseok tried to break Y/N out of her reverie as he could see her anxiety kicking in.

Y/N blinked and slowly looked at the two of them. "What?"

"The plan? To rescue Namjoon?" Hoseok repeated.

"Oh. That." Y/N shook her head. "Okay, so that's easy. But it will take at least three weeks. To sneak our men into their inner circle. And steal their blueprints. And find their rotating schedule. Also, we need their dress code. And their codenames, the ones we would encounter on the way. And-" Y/N began speaking so fast the words jumbled into each other.

"Y/N, Y/N, calm down!" Hoseok held her shoulders to still her. She looked at him and back at the notes. "I will give you the list of tasks today."

With that being said, Y/N went in the direction of her room and Yoongi knew he had messed up.

"Hyung, did she remember that?" Hoseok asked concerned.

"Yes, and it's my fault I brought it up. Shit!" Yoongi messed his hair in frustration.

Jimin and Jungkook were shifting the clues of War Room to Y/N's room and they passed by her. The look on her face spooked them and they ran downstairs to their Hyungs to know exactly what happened. Because Y/N would most probably shoot herself rather than admit her anxiety attacks.

"She will be fine." Jimin said confidently to calm his Hyungs down.

Two seconds later there was a gunshot.

||

Vote for President Namjoon.