Chapter 39: Missing Pieces

||

~No one's POV~

||

"Why on earth would you have a secret board in a room given out to suspects?" Jin asked in bewilderment.

"The best hiding place is to not hide anything at all. No one notices." Y/N shrugged.

"How many people have you kept tabs on?" Jin asked, looking around at the numerous photographs lines up on the wall.

"I stopped counting after a few hundred." Y/N dismissed the question. "Now, tell me where does Chanyoung, according to you, come in this story."

Jin roamed his eyes over every photograph, memorizing the details and conjuring whatever he knew about them.

He recognized many familiar faces from his past, but shoving them aside, he began joining all the pictures and notes around the story. He was awed by the fact that Y/N had already found out so much about people who mostly kept many things to themselves. Meaning she definitely had a terrific spy network.

"Daehyun? Wasn't he shot just a few weeks ago?" He asked pointing at a picture of Daehyun pinned by a big red pin.

"Yeah. JimKook's shot." Y/N shrugged.

Jin nodded and left the matter. If Daehyun was on this board, he probably did something to Y/N. That much he could say about her till now. You've got to do some serious shit to be on her list. In fact, he was relieved to see they were not there.

Jin finally tore his eyes from the board and turned to Y/N. "I can't say Uncle has anything to do with you. He just works under our father, nothing else. And why would he try to harm you?"

Y/N looked Jin straight in the eye.

"What are the chances someone with a heavy grudge against me has joined your business and is using your resources to target my family?"

The question hung between them, so close to the truth and yet so far away. The growing tension in the room could be cut with a knife. Taehyung looked like he wanted to break the silence but couldn't find the nerve to.

As if on cue, the roof literally burst open and a trapdoor opened to reveal an upside-down face.

"I saw movements here so I thought to check in, everything fine?" Jimin asked with a lopsided grin.

Y/N rolled her eyes at him.

"Cut the crap. Don't even try to deny that you were eavesdropping."

"Oh, I wouldn't even dream to." Jimin dropped to the floor with a grunt and turned to the boys. "Found anything that caught your eye?"

Taehyung, who was gaping at Jimin as if he was a chipmunk breakdancing, recovered from the shock and answered his statement. "Only the fact that Daehyun is marked here as a target and was shot by some...Jimkook?"

"It's JimKook, with a capital 'K' in between. Short for Jimin and Jungkook." Jimin explained.

"Oooooo," Taehyung widened his eyes, "Then we three should be called...TaeJinJoon!" He began laughing at his own joke.

"The only logical name would be JinJoonTae because I am the oldest and you are the youngest." Jin deadpanned.

Seeing that there was no need to show them the board anymore, Y/N ushered them out of the room. Jimin made himself at home by reclining on the couch while Jin and Taehyung sat beside Namjoon's sleeping form.

Y/N stood between the two sides.

"Jiminie, move their stuff to the other room, now they have learned enough that they'll try to find something more in here." Jin opened his mouth immediately to defend himself but Y/N shushed him with a hand. "Don't say that you won't snoop around because we both know that will be a lie."