Chapter 28: Food and Sleep

||

~No one's POV~

||

Jin stretched his limbs after hours of being hunched on the computer. He was trying to break in into the IP addresses of all those computers which were in charge of publishing the articles about Choi Giho but to no avail.

"Jin? Don't overwork yourself." Y/N said as she entered the room with two cups of coffee. Jin took one of the cups silently waiting for her to speak.

"I tried to find the owner of the sneaker as you said, and I'm not sure but whoever they are might have a syndrome to leave clues everywhere. There were literally seventeen pairs of fingerprints on that wrapper which were also fading. That costed me a fortune." Y/N paused to take a sip of her coffee.

"I think they are trying to distract us. Like they might be making us fous on unimportant tings until the important thing has happened and we are too late." Jin sighed softly.

Y/N nodded in understanding as both of them searched for solutions in their own ways. There was silence in the air, one that was comfortable as well as uncomfortable.

It meant trouble.

||

"Okay Tae, you can do this." Taehyung muttered under his breath as his stomach growled with hunger again. Taking a deep breath, he began walking towards the kitchen where there were some maids washing the dishes.

But as soon as he came within a two-metre radius of the maids, he ran away.

"Aish, I can't!" Taehyung ran a hand through his hair.

He was hungry since he had breakfast today, but now he couldn't see anyone nearby to ask for food. He was too shy to ask the maids, Hoseok and Yoongi were in the basement, and Jin and Y/N were discussing important matters leaving only Jimin and Jungkook for the rescue.

But Jimin was nowhere to be found and Taehyung wouldn't dare ask Jungkook. He glared way too much for Taehung's liking.

"Come on Jimin where are you?" Taehyung grumbled as he roamed around the house.

"Where do you think you are going?" Taehyung froze in his place, not even glancing back.

He didn't have to, because the next second Jungkook was in front of him glaring with his infamous death glare.

"I- I was hungry okay!" Taehyung jumped back in reflex with a defensive stance in case Jungkook felt rebellious and attacked the elder.

"Then ask the maids to cook for you. No reason to spy around." Jungkook snapped.

"I'm shy," Taehyung said in a tiny voice, thinking Jungkook won't hear him.

"Wha- You too?" Jungkook looked at the elder wide-eyed.

"You too...You too?" Taehyung's face slowly broke into a smile and Jungkook furrowed his eyebrows trying to be serious again.

"Okay then Jungkook, we both are on the same terms, cook me some food please!" Taehyung dragged Jungkook to the kitchen ignoring his threats.

Grudgingly, Jungkook cooked bacon for Taehyung while he simply stood there giggling like a child. From time to time Taehyung would ask idiotic questions here and there which made Jungkook laugh but he kept his stoic face.

"...and you know one day we were camping when we told Namjoon Hyung to wash a spoon to stir the coffee, and he just put it under the water so we had to drink a spicy coffee." Taehyung doubled over from laughter and Jungkook smiled slowly before being stern again.

"Did it hurt when you fell?" Taehyung asked suddenly.

This time Jungkook glared at the elder. "I am not in the mood to entertain any flirti-"

"Oh god, I'm talking about the match you had with Jimin yesterday. He said he kicked you so you fell. Kids these days." Taehyung rolled his eyes and Jungkook kept quiet.

Taehyung looked at his face and broke out laughing. "Why are you angry?"

"Who's angry?" Jungkook rolled his eyes.

"You. You have that cute face when you are angry. Jimin told me he never looks at your face because he might start laughing and then you might kill him." Taehyung wheezed.

"Yahh I need to keep you away from my Hyung! Here, eat it!" Jungkook angrily pushed the plate towards Taehyung and quickly washed his hands.

"Hey, you cooked for me at least have a bite!" Taehyung put a piece of bacon in Jungkook's mouth with a smile. "Kamsamnida. It's really good  by the way."

Jungkook scoffed as he walked away from Taehyung, but he turned to look at the elder enjoying his food happily, and it brought a smile to his face too.

||

"Hoseok, you still in here?" Yoongi asked loudly as he entered the room but stopped when he saw Hoseok.

He was fast asleep on the floor in the weird position he always sits in, surrounded by all the reports and samples.

"Ah Hobi..." Yoongi sighed.

He stacked the papers and put them on the table along with the samples to clear the space around Hoseok so he could wake him up without toppling anything. Yoongi shook Hoseok a bit to wake him up, but he was in a deep slumber.

So Yoongi brought some water and splashed some of it on Hoseok's face, and this time he woke up.

"Come on, sleep in your own bedroom." Yoongi scolded the younger who groggily woke up with the most annoyed face ever.

"I won't die if I slept here for once." Hoseok yawned slowly as he stood up rubbing his eyes.

"Well you won't die, but I will be murdered if Y/N learnt her beloved Oppa slept on the floor." Yoongi rolled his eyes.

"Ah Hyung don't be jealous she still loves me more." Hoseok smiled at Yoongi's pissed-off expression. "She still loves me more."

"One more word Hoseok and I'll personally shove you off a cliff. I was the one who signed her permission slips." Yoongi flicked his non-existant long hair at Hoseok.

Hoseok furrowed his eyebrows. "She came to me when she needed any stuffs." He bragged.

"Well it was me who paid for them in case you forgot." Yoongi stood with his hands on his waist as both he and Hoseok began to have a who-does-Y/N-love-more battle.

"It was because both of us share our credit cards and don't forget I always cleaned her room and she never said a word even though she hates when someone touches what's hers." Hoseok added.

"She came to me when she was hungry and I have made her food every single time Mr Sunshine." Yoongi smiled evilly.

Both of them stared each other down waiting for the other to back off, but no one did.

"And here I thought I had sensible brothers." Hoseok and Yoongi looked at the source of the voice to see Y/N leaning on the doorframe. "Alas, I was wrong."

Yoongi turned red in embarrassment and Hoseok froze in his place. Y/N shook her head, laughing at the two boys.

"I love you both equally so now shut up and go back to sleep." Y/N pushed both of them out of the lab and locked the doors with the keys with her only.

"Good night, don't let the vampires bite!" Y/N shooed both of them towards their rooms and herself went to her room.

Before Hoseok and Yoongi also went to their respective rooms, Yoongi shouted 'She loves me more' and slammed his door shut, smirking in victory as he heard Hoseok's angry remarks from outside.

It had been quiet a day.

||

Vote for President Namjoon.