Chapter 36: Guns and Lies

||

~No one's POV~

||

Namjoon woke up to the sound of rapid knocks on the door. Jin sprang into action and even before Namjoon could move he was already at the door.

"...in an hour." Namjoon couldn't clearly make out the words in his half-asleep state.

Jin came to sit by Namjoon and ran his hands through his hair, lulling him back to sleep. It worked and in no time Namjoon was in deep slumber forgetting what woke him up in the first place.

However, Taehyung woke up completely.

"What happened Hyung?"

"Y/N will have a talk with him in about an hour. Let him sleep, he hasn't slept in the last few days." Jin gazed fondly at his brother and the latter snuggled deep into the covers.

"I will bathe then. I want to thank them." Taehyung said as he grabbed his toothbrush and entered the bathroom.

Jin leaned in and placed a soft kiss on Namjoon's forehead.

"I'll take you both far away from all this...I promise." He whispered softly, a promise.

Namjoon then woke up on his own, mainly because of his growling stomach and overflowing bladder.

"Hyungie, get some food in that tummy or it will blast." Taehyung laughed loudly.

"Stomach's don't blast, pabo." Namjoon rolled his eyes.

Taehyung laughed, a beautiful sound. Namjoon just listened to him, realizing how much he had wanted to hear that sound.

He was just happy he was back.

||

Y/N got out of the shower, drying her hair. After nearly five hours of walking through the forest, the hot shower soothed her nerves. Sleep was just about one blink away, but she wanted to finish some matters first.

"I'm gonna die." Saying this, she drank the whole cup of coffee in one go.

"Just a few hours then it's just me and the bed." She said tying her hair in a ponytail. She had to at least look fresh even if she didn't feel like it.

She stepped into her normal outfit, black top and shorts, and the usual weapon at hand. For more emphasis, her signature handgun was out in case words couldn't do the trick.

 For more emphasis, her signature handgun was out in case words couldn't do the trick

"Jimin, call them. Let's get this over real quick." Y/N said, taking her place on the couch.

Yoongi and Hoseok were standing behind her, while Jungkook was still asleep. Y/N let him be, she knew he needed rest. They all did.

Jimin came into the living room with Jin and Taehyung, and behind him, Namjoon.

Y/N eyed the boy from top to bottom. He was just as normal as anyone could be, yet tangled so deep into matters so messy.