Chapter 71: Fierce Hatred

||

~No one's POV~

||

"Let's take a break," Y/N leaned back, her back cracking in relief.

It was evening by now, and she was sitting in the lab since morning. Everyone was doing their own thing in their respective rooms, and Y/N would always monitor everyone through the cameras.

"We need to learn more about Youngsoo," Y/N made a small note in her notepad.

By now, she had talked to both Taehyung and Namjoon about Youngsoo, and they had told her a lot about his behaviors.

The only person remaining was Jin, and Y/N knew he would tell her a lot more.

Y/N dailed his number and smirked in satisfaction as she saw his scrunched-up face in the cameras as he picked up her call.

"Jin," Y/N greeted.

"Y/N," Came his response.

"I need you to come into the lab upstairs. Seventh door from the right," Y/N instructed him.

"Okay but why?" He asked.

Y/N could see he was already getting up to come out of the room, so she didn't bother to answer.

"You'll see," Y/N hung up, seeing him look at the phone in confusion for a solid three minutes until he shook his head and made his way upstairs.

Y/N turned the computer screen so that when Jin sits in front of her he can't see the cameras. She knew he would be pretty much freaked out if he knew about the cameras.

The door opened a few minutes later and Jin entered the room.

Unlike Namjoon or Taehyung, Jin didn't poke his head in, which was a relief because Y/N honestly hated that.

"Did you have breakfast?" Y/N asked casually as Jin sat in front of her.

She took out a file from her drawer, waiting for him to answer.

"Yeah, I did," He said politely. Y/N admired that quality of his, he didn't always show his discomfort in front of everyone, which was a quality of a professional.

"I called you here because I wanted to know how was your relationship with Youngsoo?" Y/N asked, keeping her hands on the table, a gesture of relaxed body language, even though she didn't feel like it.

"I- why?" Jin asked, and Y/N could see the undertone of panic in his words.

"It is essential for me to know how was he after he ran away from our house. So, how was he?" Y/N pressed further.

"He was...normal." Jin began hesitantly. "I can't say much, but he was very supportive of me trying to opt for a job as a spy. And when I told him about Namjoon, he was the one who suggested I should let him live a normal life. And we agreed because we liked the idea."

Jin continued on, rather fondly this time. "He was a great friend, and would always stay calm in situations where someone would absolutely go feral. Except sometimes,"

Y/N furrowed her eyebrows. "When?"

"One day we were discussing which gangs could make use of spies. Because that's what we wanted to do, it was a somewhat safe business that we could use our training for, and it also helped us stay under the protection of some other gang than our own."

Jin's voice grew serious. "But as we were mentioning different gangs when we mentioned the Song gang, I could almost see his eyes turning red, he got really riled up and told me I should never go to that gang."

Y/N's eyes went unfocused as she thought over this.

"Why? We are lovely?" Y/N asked, trying to keep her voice normal, while inside she was on the edge.

"I have no idea. He said a lot more things and then left the room. We didn't mention your gang again, and he never lost his composure again. Taehyung mentioned again that he had asked Youngsoo about the scars but he avoided the topic, so we assumed something had happened with him and your gang. Now that I think of it, did something happen when he was here or when he...left, as you said?" Jin asked, curiously.

"Nothing happened. Even I am confused about what made him change so much. Only he can answer I guess," Y/N shrugged helplessly, knowing she couldn't do much this time.

"Yeah, I guess so," Jin nodded.

They sat in silence, and Jin took it as his cue to leave.

As he was getting up, Y/N stopped him.

"I was meaning to ask you, what will you do after this whole fiasco of my family drama is over?" Y/N asked him.

Jin blinked in surprise.

"I honestly don't know," He shrugged. "Maybe go to a different country or something. We can be farmers, Namjoon has a great deal of knowledge in that field. The pun was unintended." He added, laughing quietly to himself.

"Unintended or not, that pun was ground-breaking, I must say." Y/N shrugged.

Jin laughed out aloud and Y/N joined him with a chuckle.

"But honestly, why did you ask?" Jin directed the question to Y/N.

"So that I know which states I have to avoid like the plague," Y/N answered with a straight face.

Jin rolled his eyes. "Then you should tell me which countries to avoid so we wouldn't even look that way," Jin said.

"In that case, South Korea and North America are out of question. These two are like my own countries. Other options might include Europe and Australia as well. Other than that if you live anywhere in the world there are 100% chances you would never see me again." Y/N told him.

"You removed whole continents from our options," Jin shook his head. "I would keep your suggestions in mind tho. I really wanted to go to Paris, but alas, it is a forbidden place now," Jin sighed.

"I smell sarcasm," Y/N deadpanned.

"And I smell bad humor," Jin sassed back.

"You are pretty straightforward. Teach that to your brother, that kid will even apologize to a mosquito for killing it," Y/N rolled her eyes.

"I need you to be specific because both Taehyung and Namjoon are capable of that. However, Namjoon will most probably befriend that mosquito and send it after me." Jin said with a laugh.

"He once mentioned he brought animals to the house, what kind of animal did he bring then?" Y/N asked, horrified.

"He did? Well yeah, he mostly brought crabs and small animals. That type of animal which will eat all your bread without you hearing a noise." Jin shook his head.

"Oh god. He and Jungkook should get along well then. Jungkook likes to bring huge animals. For example himself," Y/N said the last part to herself, but Jin heard it and laughed anyway.

"Don't tell him I said that," Y/N told him, laughing herself.

"I won't," Jin laughed along.

Y/N smiled, at least she wouldn't part on bad terms with Jin. He was a great guy, even though he might not trust her, he was still a good companion to work with.

||

Vote for President Namjoon.