Chapter 7: Midnight Snack

||

~No One's POV~

||

"I swear Jungkook if you woke me up at midnight just to show me your iron man socks I will choke you to hell." Y/N glared at the boy who gulped before shaking his head.

"I swear it's important. See." He showed a stone.

"Woah, is it a twenty-three-carat diamond? Wow, we are millionaires." Y/N deadpanned.

Jungkook gulped again before clearing his throat to explain it all. "Listen okay. I was going to the kitchen, and suddenly-"

"The hell you were doing in the kitchen?" Yoongi cut off the younger.

Jungkook's eyes widened, and he looked like a deer caught in headlights. "I-I was having a snack, I was hungry. But that's not the point!" He rambled on not giving the others time to speak or scold.

"I was in the kitchen when this stone was thrown at our window. I looked outside and obviously, there was no one, or else I would have shot him, right? So I picked up this stone, thinking there might be some letter. And there was! But it wasn't a letter, it was this chit of paper and I have no idea how to read scribbles of a two-year-old." Jungkook showed the letter.

One by one, Yoongi, Jimin, and Hoseok tried to decode it but had no luck.

Y/N took the paper from them, glanced at it once and rolled her eyes.

||

||

"Whoever this is. First, just improve your goddamn handwriting. A simple morse code is looking like a medical prescription." Y/N cursed. "So what's written is 'I know you have the papers. Keep away from this mess. Back off or you gonna wish you were dead.' How lovely."

Y/N rolled her eyes again. "Typical supervillain lines. I would choose something more realistic like breaking all your bones or something. But anyway, congratulations this bitch knows we know something." Y/N tore the paper to pieces and threw it away.

"Now what?" Jimin asked.

"Now we will find the answers with double enthusiasm. Nothing is more exciting than pissing off your enemy." Y/N shrugged.

"Everyone. Sleep now. You are tired. And for god's sake Jungkook, take some snacks with you to your room so next time no one lands a rock inside." Jungkook nodded and grabbed the packet of chips before heading toward his room.

Hoseok and Jimin bid her good night and went to their respective rooms.

As Y/N was going, she was stopped by Yoongi.

"You know something." It wasn't a question, nor an accusation. Just a statement of fact.

"I do." Y/N said.

"Just remember for once I hate secrets." Yoongi winked playfully showing his rare gummy smile. He knew if Y/N had something on her mind the mission was going to be extra adventurous.

"If that's the case, I will take extra care not to let you know anything." Y/N answered laughing all the same.

Waving good night, they both went towards their rooms.

The house fell silent.

Crickets could be heard chirping outside.

Everyone was in their rooms.

Sleeping.

Except for Y/N.

She was searching through her drawers. Something she knew she had kept here. But couldn't find it now. Something that was way too important.

"Gotcha." She smiled in victory as she pulled out the yellowed piece of paper. Carefully opening it out she recalled the morse code written on the paper she just threw.

"Impossible." She sighed and tore this paper too.

It was too dangerous to keep it now.

Y/N opened the balcony door, letting the cool air inside. The crescent moon hid behind the clouds, leaving the stars to twinkle over the place.

"I won't let anyone know about you. Ever." Y/N whispered looking at the moon. "And I won't hesitate to kill anyone who will take my family from me. Anyone."

||

~Somewhere else~

||

Namjoon sat in his living room, waiting for his brothers to arrive. Unlike him, they don't need to go to college. They both had skipped classes and graduated before him. But they didn't let him do the same.

They said it was too stressful for him.

He couldn't argue. They were the only family he had. His parents were always out for work. Not that he cared. He wasn't in the least bothered about them. They were never there for him, why would he care?

The door opened and Taehyung entered. There was no rain today. Behind him, Jin was talking to someone but Namjoon couldn't see whom he was talking to due to the door.

"Hyung!" Taehyung shouted and jumped into the elder's arms.

"I wasn't dead idiot!" Namjoon rolled his eyes but hugged the younger.

Jin came into the room shaking his head to shake the water off. "Taehyung-ah, bring the files to my room. And Namjoon-ah, sleep. You have college tomorrow." Jin told the boys.

The boys obeyed without any question and went in their respective directions.

"Good night Hyung! Good Night Taehyung!" Namjoon said and shut his room. Putting his glasses on the side table, he plopped himself down on his soft mattress.

Late in the night, he thought he heard whispers.

But he dismissed them as dreams.

Except they were not dreams.

They were his Hyungs.

||

"Hyung! Namjoon Hyung knows nothing!" Taehyung whisper-shouted for the hundredth time.

"Who said he knows anything? I said he can find everything!" Jin whispered back.

They have both been fighting for the last hour. At times both jumped at the sound of leaves rustling outside or their curtains moving by the wind.

"He can't find it! He has no idea what to find!" Taehyung reasoned.

This wasn't the first time Jin became paranoid. It was usually when he noticed Namjoon zoning out a little too much. When he thought Namjoon was thinking a little much. When he thought it was suspicious a little too much.

"Hyung, calm down!" Taehyung hugged and patted the elder's back. That calmed him down a bit.

"Better?" Jin nodded.

"Now I think we should sleep. Or we'll be late tomorrow. The files are all in order anyway." Taehyung got up, pulling Jin with him.

He tucked Jin into his bed and left the room switching the lights off. Once he came to his room, he went to his balcony. The crescent moon hung low in the sky.

"Hyung doesn't know anything, right? You won't let him get hurt, right?"

Taehyung looked down, gripping the railings so tight even his knuckles were showing white, hoping at least this time his prayers are answered.

||

Vote for President Namjoon.