Chapter 12: Free or not?

||

~No one's POV~

||

"Eat." Jimin pushed the plate of food towards Namjoon. The tied boy smiled weakly.

"Why don't you let me die?" He asked.

Jimin sighed and sat on the chair in front of Namjoon. He was the only person beside Y/N who could enter this room. The others were sure they would kill him in the process of getting the information.

"Because we need you. Not you exactly, someone else. But you are the key. Consider yourself special." Jimin smiled, his eyes turning to crescents. His smile soon dropped to nothing as he stood up.

Namjoon watched him exit the room. The shard of light that entered the room from the vent above only source of light. He could see the faint blotches of blood on the floor, which dampened his curiosity about what this room actually looked like.

||

"Namjoon-ah!" Jin shouted as they entered the house.

Correction, empty house.

"Joonie? We are home." Taehyung shouted too.

No response.

Taehyung ran upstairs to check in Namjoon's room. Jin dialled Namjoon's number but didn't hear the phone ringing anywhere in the house. Taehyung too came back scratching his head.

"Namjoon Hyung isn't here. Where did he go?" Taehyung asked.

As Jin was about to suggest something, his phone went off. It was an unknown number.

"Hello?" Jin said.

"Without beating around the bush, let me introduce myself. I am a human. Who has kidnapped another human whose name is something like Kim Namjoon. So you, be a good human and save this human." The voice on the other side was a female voice.

Jin tightened his hold on the phone. He was furious but he knew anger won't help them get Namjoon back.

"What do you want?" Jin asked barely controlling his anger.

"Aww. You are a good boy! But your brother is not. I had to teach him a lesson." The female sighed. "Anyway. We have sent you an email. Answer it in an hour. If you do, this will be the shortest kidnapping case in history. And if you don't, let me skip the details and tell you, you definitely won't like it."

The person hung up and Jin threw the phone, shattering it to pieces. Taehyung grabbed Jin's shoulders to calm him down, while Jin was breathing heavily.

"Taehyung-ah. Write a letter. Answer their questions on the laptop and our message on the letter. We need to be careful not to let them know." Jin instructed the younger as he ran a hand through his hair. "Send it to him. We need help."

Taehyung nodded.

Both needed to keep calm.

||

"Who is Choi Giho?" Taehyung read the email. "Who is he?" He looked up at Jin who was sitting on the couch facing Taehyung.

"I don't know. Skip it." Jin answered.

"Okay. Next question, What is your job?" Taehyung looked at Jin with wide eyes.

"Should we tell them?" He asked.

"Yes. There is no other option. And I bet they at least have a guess about our jobs, so no point in lying." Jin answered with a sigh.

Taehyung nodded as he typed the answer.