Chapter 23: Journal

||

~No one's POV~

||

Y/N slips out of the room with the journal in her hand. Jin didn't notice anything missing, mainly because he never paid attention to the things in this room. If he had, he might have found many secrets that Y/N would never wish anyone to know.

That's the problem.

No one looks at things that are not hidden.

Y/N walked upstairs to her room, locking herself in for the rest of the day. First, she cleaned the dusty old book. It had been so many years since it was wedged between the two fairly normal books that there was a thin layer of dust that almost seemed like a cover.

Then she sat by the window and opened the journal to read through the entries. Entries written by her, along with him.

Each entry was simply a sentence, mainly because they didn't have much to write. And not just any sentence, they were sentences that sound crazy but still made sense. All their 3 am thoughts, shower thoughts, sudden epiphanies, scribbled in that journal. It wasn't an account of their life, it was a real-time development of their brain's workings.

The first entries were simple, quirky innocent lines.

||

"Today we studied English. Australia has all its A's pronounced differently. Guess what? Y/N is saying that word over and over again for the last three hours. I hate it."

||

"During our science lecture, we realised when you brush your teeth, you are basically cleaning your skeleton. Y/N is freaking out her milk tooth broke. She says her skeleton broke."

||

"We both were having a paintball fight and we realised it is impossible to imagine a new colour. Our favourite colour was Red and Black anyway. Is any colour better than that?"

||

"I hate maths. Why do people in mathematics buy 60 watermelons and no one asks why? Oppa tore the damn book down. He is still sulking because he was scolded by Appa."

||

"It's nearly morning now but did you ever think the word 'bed' actually looks like a bed. And I am awake because Y/N is sleeping and she kicks really hard, my butt is still hurting."

||

"We were watching Train to Busan when Oppa thought what if aging is a disease and earth is quarantined so no aliens visit us? We are gonna send secret signals to them, just wait."

||

"Some weird history shit. George Washington died in 1799. The first dinosaur fossil was discovered in 1824. George Washington never knew dinosaurs existed. What a shame."

||

But then as Y/N flipped pages the lines became darker and deep. Now, these were her thoughts, her brother's words were no longer seen on the pages.