Chapter 53: Growing Distance

||

~No one's POV~

||

It had been hours since Y/N was still sitting in the living room.

She couldn't even get a blink of sleep.

She was absolutely not in the mood to handle her nightmares.

Her 6 am alarm rang abruptly, disturbing her from her thoughts.

Her phone lock screen lit up, and she turned it off.

Getting up, Y/N let her body do the work. She didn't think what she was doing, making coffee, walking upstairs, getting to her room, showering.

It was all part of her routine.

This left her brain enough time to think.

The cold shower water hit her like bricks, but she still took it. She hated cold showers, but sometimes you just need to start your day shitty so it couldn't go any worse.

Y/N came out of the shower, hair wet when her phone rang.

It was Sunghoon calling.

She declined.

It rang again.

This time she picked up.

"Why did you have to do that?" Sunghoon spoke softly the second she picked up the phone.

"Hanging up on you?" Y/N asked back, putting the phone on speaker so she could put on her clothes. She just pulled a hoodie out, because September had begun and she could feel a cold coming from the shower she took.

"No. Disappearing without a trace." Sunghoon stated and Y/N could feel his eye roll.

"You know this is a dangerous time. And yet you committed such a careless mistake. What has got into you?" Sunghoon said, slightly in a scolding manner.

Y/N sighed.

"I...I have no idea. I was just walking and I saw our tree. I wanted to go there, badly. I just took the first path in my mind which we took at night. I seriously didn't know I would take so much time there."

There was silence from the other side, in which Y/N had opened the curtains of her room, letting the sunlight pour in.

She was never a morning person, but today she just wanted to feel the heat. To show the things she has overlooked and keep her from making even more mistakes.

"I called you to inform you that Yoongi Hyung has called you. There is something they have found and you need to see it." Sunghoon hung up, probably because he had nothing more to say, or maybe because he didn't want to dwell around her.

Y/N stood up with a sigh, these days she had been sighing way too much.

It always annoyed him.

Y/N climbed up the stairs to reach the lab.

Opening the door, Y/N entered inside, only to freeze on spot.

Her eyes were glued to the photo on the computer screen.

She knew it was a photo.

Because Youngsoo never stayed still like that.

He was always laughing.

Moving around.

The only time he was still was when he was covered in blood.