Chapter 49: Grown Up

||

~No one's POV~

||

Y/N sips on her coffee as the other hand flips through the files given by Hoseok and Yoongi about the logo and the possible suspects. Until now, no gang had a symbol with a snake biting its own tail.

Sure there were many with snakes, but not one like this.

"Two snakes, one snake, green snake, black snake, every snake is fucking here but do I care I need the circle one!" Y/N gritted out angrily.

She huffed out a breath, cursing everyone and everything.

"Y/N, I think you need to look at this," Jimin called out for her from his chair where he sat, his back facing her.

Y/N stood up, keeping the coffee on the side table as she went to look at what Jimin has found.

On the screen in front of him, a list of different names was shown.

"These are the names of people who checked in the cafe from where the blog post was sent. The timing of the blog post matches the time slots of these three people, Sim Daejung, Byeon Yon, and Choi Youngsoo."

Y/N's eyes widened slightly at the name, but she shook her head dismissing it.

Jimin, oblivious to Y/N's reaction, continued, "So now, do you want to run a background check on them or-"

"Find some more. I'm sure it is a fake lead," Y/N waved the idea away and Jimin nodded.

Even he was surprised at how easily they got a hold of the information. Just so very convenient that he got the list from the official reception accounts only. They will have to dig deeper.

||

"Oh come on Y/N, you are just scared I'll beat you," Maria smirked as Y/N shook her head again.

"I'm busy Maria, and no one is scared of your soggy ass." Y/N retorted, trying to get around Maria who was blocking her stubbornly in the hallways.

"Doesn't seem like it?" Maria swung her hips, stopping Y/N from passing her.

Maria smirked in victory, not letting Y/N go. Y/N stared at the girl, trying to look as stern as possible but it was impossible because the girl knew her better than even she knew herself.

The bronze-toned girl stared back until Y/N sighed in defeat.

"Fine. What do you want?"

Maria smiled widely and pulled her toward the training room. If it was someone else, they'd have their hand broken the moment they decided to touch Y/N.

But this was Maria.

Not someone else.

"Have a match with me!" Maria said excitedly, pulling out a quarterstaff, twirling it around from one hand to another, behind her back to her front, round, and round.

"Ugh fine," Y/N rolls her eyes, removing her shirt in exchange for a tank top in the lockers designed for everyone. Even though she pretended to be bored, she was excited for a match again with the best competitor she knew.

"Damn gurl, you got abs," Maria says, pretending to drool over Y/N.

"When will you ever grow up," Y/N chuckles as she took another quarterstaff, twirling it around, getting familiar with the weight.

"Never," Maria grins, getting into position.

They start with slow footwork, both revolving around each other in a fixed stance.