Chapter 61: Betrayal

||

~No one's POV~

||

Y/N knew something was wrong.

The way Jimin's eyes held all the emptiness, the way his shoulders were drooped, the way his face had less color than the whitest paint.

She knew something was horribly wrong.

Every one of the Song gang gathered here knew something was wrong.

"What did you find Jimin?" Hoseok asked in all seriousness.

He knew the trip was not as dangerous as Y/N had made it to be. When people get older in a field, they stop being careful. The same went for the Kims. Maybe because they hadn't been as scarred as Y/N had been, but Hoseok knew that the trip wouldn't be that hard for Jimin.

Cutting the four hours of travel from Sokcho-si to Seoul, he knew Jimin would be safe. He would be okay.

But looking at Jimin now, he knew he was wrong.

Jimin was not okay.

Jimin simply pushed a worn-out file forward.

The cover had paled due to years of sitting on the shelves, and probably the papers had also turned yellow. Everyone looked at Jimin, confused, until he turned the cover and everybody gasped.

They thought he found a clue.

Or maybe an answer about Giho.

Something.

But nothing prepared them for what the file was actually about.

Song Youngsoo.

Y/N swiped at the file, her eyes widening in the slightest.

With every word she read, her shocked expression turned into one of disbelief.

"Youngsoo was with the...Kims?"

Y/N froze, taking in the enormity of the situation. If this was true, if this was in any way possible, then they were too much in danger than they originally thought.

Y/N reread the pages, hoping that if she read enough times the words would change.

Into something she could accept.

Something that wasn't this heartbreaking.

But it stayed the same. Youngsoo was aiding the Kims with their attacks. They had known the Kims were involved, but they didn't know their own comrade was a backstabber.

Yoongi slowly took the file out of her hands.

As he read the words, his frown turned into disbelief.

"This can't be...he can't..." Yoongi denied shaking his head.

And yet the file proved it.

Why on earth would the Kims have a detailed account of each incident that has happened to the Song gang?

It was something no one in the whole underworld knew. The attacks were all kept silent because no one should know what has been happening with the Song gang.

No one knew three warehouses had been demolished.

No one knew Y/N had personally gone and killed off four of the mafias on her trail.

No one knew two of her safe houses were investigated thoroughly due to the leak of information.

No one.