Chapter 54: Partners

||

~No one's POV~

||

Taehyung was walking down the hallway, looking at the paintings in the house.

He knew who had made these and it made it all weirder that he could tell the story behind most of them. 

"So this was the stargazing one!" Taehyung pointed to a painting, showing a mountain creek in the nighttime. Two children, a boy, and a girl were sitting at the foot of the creek. Even a blind person could tell that the duo was Y/N and her brother.

Taehyung kept his eyes on the painting as he walked forward and bumped into a hard wall.

The wall said, "Ouch, look where you are going!"

Taehyung blinked and realized it wasn't a wall he bumped into, it was Jimin rubbing his forehead.

"What are you doing here?" Jimin asked the blond-haired guy who was still rubbing his forehead.

"Me? I was looking at the paintings. Who made them?" Taehyung asked innocently.

"These? I have no idea. I have come to this house for the first time." Jimin shrugged.

Taehyung looked at the guy with raised eyebrows.

"Seriously?"

"Obviously."

"Hey, that rhymed!"

Jimin rolled his eyes and walked in the direction he was already going. He too was curious why did the paintings have the same initial, why each painting had a quote under it, and why most paintings had a boy and a girl in them.

But he couldn't wonder about paintings when they were getting nowhere to find about Giho.

The man was practically no one. Everything was framed about him and if you tried to read between the lines, you would soon realize that Giho doesn't exist. He was just an identity using which someone worked and it may or may not be possible that the 'someone' was more than one person.

Jimin stopped walking, as a realization dawned upon him.

"Someone uses Giho's identity to work, what if it is a whole gang? The snake one?" Jimin said to himself.

"What?" Taehyung asked from behind him, as he was following him too. He made sure not to walk just behind Jimin in case he would bump again, but he still ended up hitting his elbow when Jimin stopped in his tracks.

"Giho is the attacker all along! We don't need to find Giho, we just need to find where his gang is! The snake gang is Giho's gang!" Jimin held Taehyung by his shoulders as he shook him, feeling a little bit hopeful about the situation.

"Wait, snakes? When did that happen and who is Giho?!" Taehyung asked, getting confused exponentially by the seconds.

"You will know soon!" Jimin left Taehyung confused and practically ran to the lab to tell Y/N.

He opened the door excitedly, ready to share the news when everything came back to him.

"Shit I forgot," Jimin closed the door on Y/N and walked to Jungkook's room.

He wasn't supposed to initiate any conversation with Y/N until she apologized. He didn't like this a bit but seeing that she put her life in danger without telling him, she deserved some punishment.

"Jungkook, I have news!" Jimin sat on the stool excitedly, ready to tell his findings.

"Do you? What is it?" Jungkook answered with the same enthusiasm.