Chapter 27: Bruises

||

~No one's POV~

||

Y/N didn't even bother to make her presence known by knocking on Jin's door. Mainly because she was in too much hurry.

"Jin. I think I am a bit closer to find the possible kidnapper." Y/N said as she shoved her tablet in Jin's hands. There were some photos of half-burned cigarettes, a dead crab, some deep muddy footprints and a chocolate ice cream wrapper.

"Where did you find these?" Jin said slowly as he recognised the ground.

"From your house." Y/N rolled her eyes. "You don't recognise your own staircase?"

Y/N pulled the tablet near her, along with Jin. She explained each of the objects in the photos.

The first image came up. "These cigarettes. And according to what I found out, none of you three smokes. So these were probably by an outsider."

Y/N swiped to the following image. "This crab. Namjoon loved small animals. Probably this outsider accidentally stepped on one or this crab tried to bite him ending up dead like this."

The photo slid past to show another one. "These footprints. They are sneakers, and not the heavy ones you guys wear. I have seen your shoe collection and it is either $500 heavy boots or $5 slippers."

Y/N swiped for the last photo. "And these ice cream wrappers. They are mint chocolate flavoured, and you three hate it. That's why Maria never saw you guys eating this flavour at her cafe and I found it suspicious since it was directly in front of your main gate."

Y/N now leaned back to sit on the side of the couch waiting for the last two puzzle pieces to click in Jin's mind. But they didn't. At last, Y/N sighed.

"This outsider was spying on you for probably a month now. The crab is already decomposing, it's just that it wasn't given enough humidity to rot quickly. The outsider thought their sneakers aren't conspicuous but when it comes to me, everything is suspicious."

Y/N cracked her knuckles to ease some of the tiredness and confused irritation. "I still don't get it why did they leave the cigarettes and ice cream. I am almost convinced it is something to do with...stupidity." Jin was too engrossed in his own thoughts to notice Y/N slight pause in the end.

"I bet you have already thought this and that's why you came here. Sadly we don't have any camera surveillance in our house. For some safety reasons, though it's the other way round but hackers can go anywhere." Jin sighed. "Maybe we could try finding the shop where this person bought this ice cream?"

Y/N nodded. "We can do that. But it will take a lot of time considering this spy was here from a month or two and that you never noticed them. Anyways, thank you for your help."

Y/N got up and tipped her head slightly as a bow, and Jin did the same.

As Y/N came out, she kept the journal back where it was, wedged between the two hardback books Shatter Me and Believe Me.

Jin glanced briefly at the shelf but dismissed the uneven books as a figment of his overworking. Mainly because he wanted to focus more on getting Namjoon out of this place safely, but also because he was scared of what he might find that could possibly make him go deeper into this whole mess.

||

~Somewhere else~

||

Three thousand, four hundred, seventy-two.

Three thousand, four hundred, seventy-three.

Three thousand, four hundred, seventy-four.

Namjoon shut his eyes pretending to be asleep as the shutter of the door opened suddenly. A beam of light shone briefly before it was blocked by a plate. Namjoon heard the scraping of the plate on the floor, the sound of the shutter closing, and then silence.

He could even hear his own heartbeat so clear he was counting it since the last god knows how many hours.

Minjun was nowhere to be seen after their last encounter and Namjoon realised a painful truth, Minjun knew everything. Though he still despised Minjun, he now also felt guilty in a small amount.

Guilty of tricking Minjun.

He couldn't even imagine what Chanyoung might have done with Minjun as punishment. His punishments were torture in disguise.

"Eomma...Why aren't you here..." Namjoon whispered as tears trickled down the sides and were soaked into the threadbare pillow under his head.

"Hyung...don't come here...you will see too much..." He closed his eyes as he remembered the happy times he had spent with the very same people who are treating him like a piece of trash.

The time difference suddenly felt so long. The pain of his stolen childhood coming in full force.

||

~Flashback~

||

"Hyung...don't go there...they will see you..." Namjoon whispered clutching Jin tighter.

Jin smiled softly at the younger and gently pried his hands away. Jin's smile never left his face until he snapped at Namjoon suddenly. "Stop making this look like a crime scene, jesus we are just playing hide and seek."

"Training in five minutes. Now." They both froze at the familiar voice and Jin quickly pulled Namjoon closer cramming themselves into the little space in the cupboard.

"Shit, it was supposed to be rest for today, right?" Namjoon whispered.

"I know but- Where is Taehyung?" Jin whispered back, panicking heavily.

Just then they heard the sickly sweet voice in the hallway. "Ah, Taehyung-ah! Where are your brothers?"

"We are playing, Uncle. Today was our rest." Taehyung's voice rang out and Jin sighed.

"Come on." Jin and Namjoon both came out of their hiding places in front of their uncle, Kim Chanyoung. He looked at them with a sweet smile but in his eyes, there was nothing but emptiness.

"Your rest is cancelled. I was told you three are not practising the way you should. If I recall the exact words, Namjoon said 'Arms should be used to pick flowers, not guns'." Chanyoung turned to Namjoon who cowered under the gaze. "Considering your choice, would you probably prefer to throw flowers over your assassin rather than hitting their guts?"

Namjoon kept his head down, having no answer to this question. No matter how theoretical it sounded, it was a constant possibility that any assassin could pop up at any moment finding the three kids of the Mafia King unarmed and defenceless. They needed to be prepared.

But how could you expect a ten-year-old to hit his own brother in a location that would definitely cause internal bleeding for two weeks?

"I want you three at the training room in five minutes. Minjun is already their. I won't repeat." Chanyoung walked away swiftly and the three boys made their way towards the turning room in the basement.

On his way, Namjoon saw all the paintings that were hung on the walls. Paintings of his father, Kim Chanyoung and the places he had been around the world. Not for the sake of travelling, but to keep people out of his way.

They entered the training room, where Minjun was already doing a series of punches and kicks over a mannequin. Namjoon, Taehyung and Jin took their positions in front of their own mannequins and their training started.

At the end of the day, they were again left with bruised limbs, sweating bodies, and an instruction to come back tomorrow on time.

||

~Flashback Ends~

||

Vote for President Namjoon.