Chapter 46: Gain their Trust

||

~No one's POV~

||

"Hyung...Eomma..." Jin woke up suddenly hearing Namjoon's whimpers.

Immediately he held his hand tightly and rubbed circles on his hands to distract him from whatever nightmare he was having.

"Shh...it's alright...you are safe..." Jin caressed the younger's face and it relaxed slightly.

Ever since the training started, so did Namjoon's nightmares. Both his brothers were worried to death, but he always insisted on training every day because he didn't want to run away anymore.

But his wish was getting harder and harder to fulfill as his discomfort at night made Jin consider the option of stopping the training together.

He knew it was important but not more than his brother's mental health.

"I will come back..." Namjoon whispered in his sleep as his grip on Jin's hand tightened.

The whimpers died down and Namjoon's peaceful breathing was heard again.

Jin looked at Namjoon's face, faintly visible in the moonlight. Jin sighed deeply, pushing a few strands of hair away from his face, and got up to sleep on his own side.

Maybe Namjoon won't stop the training.

But at least he was happy.

That was the least he could do for his brother.

||

Y/N entered the training room early in the morning. As she had known, Jimin and Jungkook would come here at 9 am, almost two hours later.

Just enough time to have a quick session.

Y/N plugged in her earphones, put on some rock music, and proceeded to put on her hand wraps.

Four times around the wrist, four times around the knuckles, through the fingers, one time around the knuckles, around the thumb, make an X, and wrap around the wrist, done.

Y/N turned to face the center of the room when she saw Namjoon standing in the corner.

The poor boy was in here all the time, frozen in fear as he saw Y/N enter.

Y/N plugged out one earbud.

"What are you doing here, this early?" She asked, eyes narrowing the slightest.

"Me? Oh, I was just...practicing?" Namjoon fumbled for an answer.

Y/N leveled her gaze at his.

"The real reason," Y/N repeated, annoyed.

"I was hiding," Namjoon replied in a small voice.

"From what?" Y/N was immediately concerned. Was there an intruder in the house? How did they get in here? Why isn't the security alerted?

"Jungkook," Namjoon mumbled.

Y/N gave him a look of pure confusion. "Why would you hide from him?"

"We were playing hide and seek, you have to hide from the player!" Namjoon explained exasperatedly, cheeks turning slightly pink.

Y/N stood there gaping for a moment.

Namjoon slowly backed away, ready to bolt out of the room if Y/N suddenly decided to make him a punching bag out of nowhere.

And then she laughed.

Loudly.

"Are you...serious..." Y/N wheezed in laughter, as Namjoon looked at her in surprise.