Chapter 55: Useful Works

||

~No one's POV~

||

"Y/N, come to the lab."

These were words she usually heard from Jimin. But today Hoseok called her using the same words.

She couldn't help but feel a little more empty to the fact that the fight was still going on. Sure they have fought before, but this time it was too serious and she was not liking it.

Y/N pushed open the door to see all four of the Song Gang members already in the lab.

She brightened at the sight of Jimin and Jungkook, but the duo showed no reaction to her appearance.

"Jimin has found something, about Giho." Yoongi gestured to Jimin who pulled out a huge file of all the files they could find about Giho.

Y/N furrowed her eyebrows.

"This file, and everything in it, is fake." Jimin started. "Every fake identity has the same pattern, make up current details and then add background information. The same goes for Giho. The records of crimes committed by Giho are all fake. And someone else has been working under his disguise. My guess is that the snake gang is the real culprit behind him, and also that as Giho was involved with the Kims, we can say that Kims have been giving out resources to them. Maybe even aiding in attacks, for all we know. And-"

"Yes, I was aware that the Kim gang was involved, but do we have any lead on the snake gang? If Giho is useless, our only lead is the snake gang." Y/N interrupted.

"I know. That's why I wanted everyone to be here. I need to find out things in my way now, and I need to go to the Kim mansion. At the moment they are the helpers of our main suspect, making them our suspect too." Jimin suggested.

"No. Absolutely not," Y/N handed the files back to Jimin. "I won't allow it."

"Y/N I need to go, Sunghoon is injured and I am the only trusted spy here!" Jimin snapped.

"And I don't allow it! If you were so concerned about me getting killed, why don't you try to keep yourself alive? I've said it before, and I'll say it again, Kims are dangerous. I will not allow you to snoop in an unknown area. Yoongi Oppa, explain to him." Y/N stood with her arms folded, the universal sign that she was getting angry.

Yoongi looked between the two, finally settling his gaze on Y/N.

"Y/N, I think he is right. We need to take extreme measures now. Of course, Jimin won't be unarmed and he knows how to keep himself safe. We need informa-"

"This is too extreme! We can gather information by giving out money, we don't need to send our own men in there! That's too dangerous!" Y/N tried to make everyone understand.

She knew Jimin was angry, and anger can make him careless. Sunghoon was injured, she couldn't let Jimin injure himself too.

"I am going. And you won't stop me." Jimin walked past Y/N, and Y/N grabbed his hand to stop him.

"Y/N! For once let someone do something! All we are doing is sitting around and babysitting the three nut heads! For once just let someone do something useful!" Jimin snatched his hand from her grip and walked away.

And at that precise moment, Y/N felt her heart break one more time.

||

"Pathetic."

"Useless."

"Piece."

"Of."