Chapter 3: That Book

||

~No one's POV~

||

Namjoon quickened his pace avoiding any type of interaction with his batchmates. He even heard one of them call him from behind but all he wanted now was peace.

"Good Afternoon Mrs. Bae." He greeted the librarian and she smiled at him warmly.

"Kim Namjoon. What took your time today? I was worried you didn't show up." She asked concernedly.

"I am completely fine. Just I forgot my textbook in my class, so I went to take it." Namjoon explained.

Mrs Bae smiled, visibly relieved and Namjoon went to his usual seat.

Taking out the book he wanted, he sat down but one thing kept nagging him.

Namjoon didn't forget his textbook. He lied.

The truth was that today there was a slight commotion in the cafeteria, one that seemed unimportant and insignificant but somehow he felt it was something more than that.

||

~Flashback~

||

"Then how did this break? On its own?" Mr Lee shouted in the cafeteria.

Namjoon turned at the word 'break' but then he remembered he hasn't broken anything in the cafeteria. At least not today.

All students gathered around the people.

Only some students stayed in their seats, while everyone swarmed around the student and professor.

"Sir it was a mistake!" The voice was a male voice, and the thing that broke was Mr Lee's trophy for something he won years ago.

A chair shifted behind Namjoon's table, but only he could hear it as the students were busy with Mr Lee and his Trophy.

"Whatever it was, I need it repaired until this evening. Got it?" The student nodded furiously and Mr Lee dismissed everyone.

All this time Namjoon was pretending to read the book but now he felt uneasy.

"If he wanted to scold him, he could have scolded him in his office. Why did he create such a big commotion? He even let that boy go." Namjoon spoke softly, trying to piece it together.

"Aish, I should stop reading Sherlock Holmes." He shook his head and concentrated back on his book.

Namjoon took out his glasses and the cloth to clean them when he noticed a boy staring at him. Unblinkingly.

Namjoon angled the glasses so that he could see who the boy was.

One thing was for sure, the boy wasn't in his college. Because if he was he wouldn't even notice Namjoon's presence. Namjoon was the one who kept to the shadows, he never once got into the spotlight. Though he was the topper he usually kept his world to books.

"Maybe he is just interested in the book I'm reading." Namjoon reasoned to himself as he put his glasses back inside.

He glanced at his watch.