Chapter 64: The Three Spies

||

~No one's POV~

||

"You have seen her?" Jimin asked again.

"Of course I did! Jimin, I think we need to step into the matter, I'm pretty sure Y/N knows something and I have a bad feeling about it." Sunghoon said anxiously.

Ever since they came to the house, Y/N usually stayed up very very late. Sunghoon knew this because he could access the security cameras of the house, and he would always see Y/N hunched over her laptop or flipping through files.

He knew she knows something and was working towards it, but he also knew she could be planning her solo mission.

A dangerous step when Youngsoo was literally on their tail.

He had taken Jimin into his confidence and both were planning to do what spies do best.

Sneak in.

"We need to be extra careful. I'm pretty sure Y/N will be there after 11 pm, so we need to be there before that time-"

Sunghoon was interrupted when the duo came face to face with a panting Namjoon.

"Do you guys know where is Y/N?" He asked hurriedly.

"Why?" Jimin narrowed his eyes suspiciously.

"I found this in the library." Namjoon showed him the book. Jimin took it and flipped a few pages.

"What does this have anything to do with Y/N?" Jimin asked.

"The initial. Isn't that of Y/N?" Namjoon said.

"Well it is but..." Jimin frowned. "I've never seen her invested in poetry. She is not the poetry type. Which section did you find this?"

"The poetry section behind the sci-fi section," Namjoon answered.

Jimin nodded.

"We will ask Y/N about this. You must not worry." Jimin said waving the book. "I will keep it. You should go."

Namjoon nodded and turned on his heel. Jimin would ask Y/N himself, and also he didn't trust himself to question her directly either.

Sunghoon glanced at Namjoon's retreating figure.

"Since when did they get so accustomed to Y/N? He literally ran to ask her about her supposed poetry," Sunghoon chuckled.

Jimin gave a half-shrug. "What can I say, Y/N must have fooled them with her friendliness."

"Anyways, back to the topic in hand," Jimin continued, tucking the book in his jacket, making a mental note to ask about it to Y/N. "Do you think we should use recorders to record her?"

"I don't think that's a good idea. Remember the signal deflectors in the lab?" Sunghoon countered.

"Oh yeah I forgot, they won't let any devices work." Jimin sighed. "We will have to sneak in-"

"Did I hear someone say sneak-in?"

Sunghoon and Jimin both stopped in their tracks as they heard Jungkook's voice.

Jungkook walked to stand right in front of the duo as he peered at them with his sharp eyes.

"And that too without me?" He raised an eyebrow, cocking his head to the side.

Jimin rolled his eyes.

"We don't take kids on a mission," Jimin sassed as he tried to walk past the muscle monster but Jungkook didn't let him pass.