Chapter 35: Old Wounds

||

~Somewhere else~

||

Yoongi and Namjoon entered the gates of the garage where everyone else was waiting. Namjoon got off the bike and upon recognizing the faces as the ones of his former kidnappers, took some steps back.

"Chill. We don't bite. Your brothers. are upstairs." Y/N didn't glance back as she walked upstairs to the boys.

Jin was pacing in the living room, while Taehyung was perched on the table, swinging his legs back and forth.

Taehyung was facing the door, so just as Y/N entered the room, he lept off the table to look for his brother. Jin followed behind him.

Namjoon, who was walking right behind Y/N, saw the two and forgetting everything jumped into the arms of his brothers.

"Hyungie!" Taehyung shouted as Namjoon engulfed them in a big hug.

The Song Gang watched the three brothers crush each other in a big bro-hug.

"Let's get you cleaned, huh? Hoseok Hyung, please." Jimin handed Jungkook over to Hoseok.

The duo walked slowly upstairs to their rooms and Y/N turned questioningly toward Jimin.

"He did it. Finally." Jimin smiled softly and Y/N's eyes widened.

"You mean...it was Jaehwa all along?!" Y/N's voice raised to a surprised shout near the end. Jimin's nod confirmed her suspicion.

"That could have ended so long ago how did I never notice?" Y/N's voice dropped to a whisper.

She was well aware of Jungkook's past. Knowing that his suffering could have ended a year ago, and yet they couldn't do anything, infuriated her.

"Jungkook had never seen Jaehwa. This was all a matter between you and me. It's not your fault." Jimin pulled Y/N into a small hug.

"I still need to know what kimchi you both have been cooking. I will be back in an hour, and I need the full story." Yoongi threatened the two before exiting towards his own room.

Y/N sighed and glanced at the three brothers.

"Namjoon what happened to your legs?" Y/N asked, noticing the bloody footprints on the floor. She realized with a start that Namjoon's legs were bleeding.

"You ran...barefoot?" Namjoon nodded sheepishly at the question, still surrounded by his brothers.

However, the two brothers immediately sprang into action.

Taehyung pushed Namjoon onto the couch to sit and ran in the direction of their rooms. Seemingly out of nowhere, Jin whisked out a first aid box and began treating the boy.

"I knew I would need this. I just knew. The destruction monster will never be at rest. Couldn't find anything to break so broke our own leg? Why are you so clumsy Namjoon? That's why you should never go out of my sight! How many times will I tell you?" Jin scolded Namjoon angrily while the latter simply looked at his brother, enjoying the love behind the words.

He missed this.

"Come on Jimin, we need to clear those tracks." Y/N pulled Jimin out of the room with her, leaving the three to enjoy their time.

"What are you gonna do? Plan Dumpyard or Plan Spikey?" Jimin asked, jogging along.

"Plan Dumpyard. There is no spikey nearby. We'll just drop the bikes in the forest somewhere. Maybe crash them. Do we have any bodies?" Y/N asked, starting the bike ignition.