Chapter 73: The Last Puzzle Piece

||

~No one's POV~

||

"So, Youngsoo is in Daegu and had called Yoongi Oppa to make an offer for a favor, after threatening to disclose evidence that points to the fact that Yoongi Oppa had helped commit a 'murder'. But Yoongi Oppa hung up on him after finding his location, and now we need to think over the whole situation."

Y/N summarised as everyone thought over the events from wherever they were.

Jungkook was sitting cross-legged at the second table, and Jimin was also sitting at the same table. Sunghoon and Hoseok were sitting side by side on a couch that was pulled closer to Y/N's table, and Yoongi and Y/N were sitting on their chairs.

"This raises many questions," Sunghoon spoke at last.

Everyone turned to listen to him keenly.

"First, why did he disclose his location so easily if he was supposed to be hiding from us?" Sunghoon directed this question to Y/N. "What do you think?"

"I think it is because he wanted to meet Yoongi Oppa in Daegu, assuming Yoongi Oppa agreed to whatever his favor was. Or maybe because he wants to give us a fake lead? Who knows he might have left the phone and was on his way to some other location?" Y/N proposed.

Jimin nodded. "Makes sense. This could be a fake lead."

"Keeping that aside, how did he get Yoongi Hyung's number?" Sunghoon asked, turning to look at Yoongi.

"He has always had my personal number, he was my protectee after all. I always change my work number, not my personal one. Everyone has changed their personal numbers, so I think he tried contacting everyone else until my phone rang." Yoongi said.

"Okay. So as Y/N said, he said something about Mr. Gerald Anderson, who is he? Is he related to the gang in the past or something?" Sunghoon asked.

"Yeah, who is he? I've never heard that name before." Jimin asked curiously.

Y/N blinked.

"I didn't tell you?"

The duo shook their heads.

"Oh yeah right, I never talked about her to you, right?"

"Who?" Jimin asked, perplexed.

"My mother, Song Heeyoung." Y/N took a breath before continuing, the faintest smile grazing her lips. "My mother's family owned the Lunar Horizon Hotel chain, one of the leading hotel businesses in North America. Mr. Gerald Anderson was the Vice President of the Lunar Horizon Hotel chain. My father met my mother during one of his trips to North America, and technically that's the main reason he traveled there so much."

Jimin and Sunghoon glanced at each other, then back to Y/N.

They had joined the Song gang after the fire incident that took away her parents, so they usually avoided the topic of them. Hearing her talk about them today was a very different feeling.

However, they had to stay on the topic.

"So what did Gerald do that Song Wooshik-ssi had to kill him?" Sunghoon asked, brutally to the point.

All fondness in Y/N's expression was replaced by sheer anger. "He was a monster. My mother's family trusted him, so they never checked on how was work going on on the ground level. When Appa was in the hotel, he learned that there were strip clubs going on. It was fairly normal, except for the fact that the hotels were never meant to have strip clubs. It was against the morals of my mother's family. So Appa offered to threaten Gerald and make him stop everything. Gerald agreed in front of him, but just as he left the room, our room blasted."

Y/N's hands turned into fists at the memory. "Both me and Youngsoo were in the room when a cake was sent for us. But it wasn't a cake, it was a fucking bomb. Planted by Gerald to get his revenge on Appa. Appa was furious, and that day Appa killed Gerald. It was all over the news, but Appa's identity was kept hidden by the Jeons. They helped us leave North America safely and return back to Korea."

Jungkook looked up at the mention of Jeons.

"Jeon?" He asked with wide eyes.

"Yes, The Jeons. Jeon Hyunshik, your father, had helped us escape." Y/N said, looking at Jungkook.

Y/N suddenly frowned. "Now that I think of it, it is possible Youngsoo had something to do with your parents' deaths. He did mention them."

Jungkook couldn't believe his ears. "Youngsoo...but...it was Jaehwa..."

"Maybe he hired Jaehwa." Y/N looked at Jungkook. "You have another reason to shoot him dead."

Of course, Jungkook was going to shoot him. Youngsoo took away his family, he will take away everything Youngsoo had aimed for.

Everybody in the room suddenly hated Youngsoo even more.

"This rises another question. If he knew about everyone involved in this matter, why didn't he contact the police and solve it legally? Why bother going on a killing spree for seven years?" Yoongi asked.

"That is weird. The Youngsoo I knew was so very different, he was nothing like this. In fact, when Appa was telling us that Gerald was dead Youngsoo gave everyone a party saying the earworm died. He would never defend someone like Gerald. What changed?" Y/N asked no one in particular.

"Y/N, when did Youngsoo run away exactly?" Jungkook asked.

"When we were fifteen, three months after our birthday. He didn't even leave any note, he just left. Appa sent search parties for him, but nothing came up. Eomma was distraught, but Appa consoled her saying it must be one of his rebellious phases. But he never came back." Y/N said, her voice trailing off at the end.

Jungkook thought for a moment. "And when did you go to search after him?"

"Six months after he had left. Yoongi Oppa and Hoseok Oppa, both were with me, but after three months of going to each safehouse in Korea, we didn't find him. So we returned home and..." Y/N didn't finish the last part.

So we returned home and everyone was dead.

Everyone could hear the unspoken words in the room.

"Why is he so concerned over the death of a monster? He shouldn't even care!" Jimin said after a while.

"Exactly!" Sunghoon agreed.

"Y/N." Hoseok spoke.

Everyone turned to look at him.

He hadn't spoken anything during the whole time.

"I don't think Youngsoo is doing it for his own. Someone else must be with him, persuading him to seek revenge. Did Gerald have an heir of himself? A child or maybe a niece or nephew?" Hoseok asked.

Y/N thought for a moment.

Her eyes widened as she remembered.

"Oh yes, he had a child..."

Y/N trailed off as the realization dawned upon her.

"What was his name?" Hoseok pressed.

But Y/N wasn't hearing anything.

She had found the last piece to the puzzle.

Everything made sense now.

Youngsoo's weird behavior, the scars, the disappearance.

The puzzle was complete.

The last piece wasn't hidden anywhere, they hadn't recognized it on the first try.

||

Vote for President Namjoon.