Chapter 30: An Old Friend

||

~No one's POV~

||

Jimin crumpled the paper he was writing on and threw it in the growing pile of paper balls. He had spent the last thirty minutes drawing the blueprint of the plan but without the location, he couldn't do much.

And it irritated him.

"Jimin-ah, stop stressing out we will work on it." Y/N said from across the room. She herself was surrounded by files and files about Choi Giho because he seemed to be the biggest player in this game.

"Look who's talking." Jimin rubs his eyes wearily and Y/N sighs. Putting her files aside she made her way to Jimin.

"Take a break. I'll ask Maria to keep a table." Y/N patted Jimin's shoulder lightly and he nodded. Getting up he ruffled Y/N 's hair lightly before making his way to his room.

Y/N looked at Jimin's retreating back and sighed lightly.

"I wish you were here, Oppa. I really don't know how to keep everyone together." Y/N said to herself as she glanced at the sky outside.

"I'm scared. " Y/N paused. "That doesn't mean I should show I'm scared."

Texting Maria about Jimin, Y/N made a mental note to take an extra hour in her shooting sessions. She really needed to shake down that stress.

||

~Somewhere else~

||

"Black Cat." The boss said as the spy entered the room.

"Yes Sir." The spy bowed.

"I had asked you to keep an eye on Song Y/N. What are the reports?" The boss asked, twirling the paperweight in his hand.

"They are not showing any signs of distress or trouble. Their deals are still highly secret, but we can assume they are doing their regular business. The house they live in is not found yet, but all the clues we found led to dead ends, which means they are trying to distract us. We don't know for sure, but maybe they are aware of our insiders in their team." The spy reported.

"If that's the case, ask every insider to leave the job in a week. We can't risk a leak of information." The boss ordered. "How many people do we have there?" He asked as an afterthought.

"Three."

"Three?"

"Three. All are maids and workers because they didn't allow outsiders for their internal jobs like managers and assistants." The spy said.

The boss sighed heavily. "Why do they behave like people are just waiting for their cover to blow up." He paused for a moment. "I guess we are waiting anyway."

"Keep on looking, and I guess the boy, what was his name again? Namjoon? Is he gone?" The boss questioned.

"Yes sir. He isn't seen in the last four days." The spy replied.

"Okay, forget him then, he was of no use anyway. Let's focus on Song Y/N. You can leave." The boss flicked his wrist in dismissal.

The spy walked out of the room and out into the corridor. People glanced his way but he kept walking, meaning to keep no interest in them.

Once out of the building, he pulled up his hood so his face is concealed and started walking in the direction of his favourite comfort spot.

"Ah, you came on time. He is waiting." Maria said cheerfully as she saw him enter the cafe. And on the table she pointed to, was Jimin.

||

~Somewhere else~

||

Namjoon sat cross-legged on the bed, right in front of Minjun. Minjun disappeared for two days after Namjoon unsuccessfully tried to coax him into letting him free. Today he came back, but all that playfulness is one and that's alarming.

"Why did you leave?" Minjun finally looked up after a long silence.

His eyes met Namjoon's, and he tried to search for his answers in them but couldn't find any. Namjoon stared back, calculating what exactly he should say and what he should not.

Both for his own good and Minjun's safety.

"I don't know." Namjoon finally replied.

"As expected," Minjun said dryly.

Another long silence.

"Don't you care about them?" Minjun asked again, this time his anger was clearly shown on his face.

Namjoon couldn't understand who was Minjun talking about, and why was he getting so angry.

"Who?"

"Who? After all this you have the audacity to ask who?" Minjun nearly shouted.

Namjoon sat there perplexed by Minjun's behaviour.

"You had a family for god's sake! Just to take your way on them you left them! And now you really have the nerve to ask who?" Minjun was now practically shouting.

He got up and began pacing back and forth in the room in an attempt to keep himself from physically shaking some sense into Namjoon.

"After you left I was locked up for three months in my own room so I couldn't get any wrong influence. Maids and workers were sent away and they literally hired deaf people so no one can hear any information to spy on us or send it to you. I was trained ten times harder than what we used to be trained. All because you three had to be the hero and escape the system!" Minjun stopped pacing and leaned on the wall, facing Namjoon.

Minjun looked at Namjoon straight in the eye. "They say some things never change. Yes. The miserability never changed. And you wanna know the worst part? I had no one to bear the changes with." Minjun dropped to the ground leaning on the wall.

While still sitting on the bed, Namjoon was suddenly feeling guilty. They knew they were being controlled and robbed of their identity, but someone else paying the price of their runaway was not an exactly cheerful thought.

A small voice nudged in the back of his head asking How is Minjun even being allowed to say such stuff? Why is he suddenly being so nice? He never talks about his own feelings anytime!

But his Angel side overpowered and he shushed the thoughts.

There was another silence. The only sounds heard were Minjun's heavy breathing, the slow tick-tock of the clock and the slow tip-top of water.

Then Namjoon spoke up.

"We never escaped. We were still bound to you all. Its just that we never wanted to acknowledge the connection."

Minjun laughed dryly.

"You don't even know what happened after your heroic escape. Everything changed. And Appa...he was never the same anymore." Minjun smiled wistfully, almost getting lost in the past.

But just as fast as a Venus Fly Trap closes its leaves, his expression shifted back to the one of anger and he stood up quickly brushing non-existent crinkles on his shirt.

"Hope you still have that sense of my Namjoon."

With that, Minjun left the room and the door clanked shut again. leaving Namjoon alone with his thoughts and past.

||

Vote for President Namjoon.