Chapter 29: Rain

||

~No one's POV~

||

"I came back. You won't welcome me?"

Y/N sat up abruptly in her bed. Her heartbeat thumped in her ears as she tried to calm her breathing.

"Just a nightmare. Just. A. Nightmare." Y/N said sternly to herself. "You've been through worse."

But try as she might, her heart won't just stop racing. Her hands won't just stop sweating. And her ears won't just stop straining.

To hear his voice.

But it was nothing like the caramel-coated sound she was used to hearing. Ten years had passed but she could still recall that soothing sound perfectly.

This? That caramel coat was gone. It was just a hollow sound that reminded you of that monster under your bed.

However bad her emotional state was, Y/N kept her calm facade on and walked out of her room. Without knocking, she directly entered the only person's room she could think of.

Jimin.

"Jimin..." Y/N whispered softly, and at once all the lights were turned on revealing a frantic Jimin hurriedly loading his gun.

"Hey calm the fuck down nothing happened!" Y/N placed a hand on the gun and Jimin visibly relaxed exhaling a breath.

"Then why did you freak me out like that I nearly died!" Jimin said, dramatically clutching his heart.

"That's your fault pabo." Y/N rolled her eyes and sat on the edge of the bed. Jimin too sat beside her taking her hand in his.

"Now talk." He asked.

And she did.

"The dreams. They are back." Y/N whispered softly. Jimin nodded slowly asking her to continue.

"My own mind is against me. I thought the hallucinations would be real, like in Twilight, but damn, I was wrong."

"I told you to keep plushies in your room. But no, you keep them away as if they physically burn you." Y/N hit Jimin on the hand playfully.

"What? I'm telling the truth!" Jimin defended himself.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever." Y/N rolled her eyes.

Jimin got up and pulled out the makeshift bed he always had in his room for similar situations. He knows Y/N is the silent type, and for comfort, she only needs someone's presence. Whenever she got nightmares she always came to him because he too faces similar problems, but at a different scale.

"Goodnight Jimin." Y/N yawned as she slipped into the covers, folding her legs and making herself as small as possible, the way she always does.

"Goodnight Y/N-ie." Jimin sighed softly before he gave in to sleep.

Both slept soundly and quietly because when the next two nightmares struck, Y/N woke up knowing very well that she had Jimin with her.

||

Jungkook woke up groggily to a series of knocks on his door.

No, not knocks.

The person was literally banging his door open and the second Jungkook realized this, he got up immediately, already into training mode.