Chapter 63: The Arrow And The Song

||

~No one's POV~

||

Namjoon looks at the book longingly from the library window.

Oh, how he wished to be able to read them all.

Every day on his way to the training room, he would always stop to stare at the books. And on his way back from the training room, he again stopped to stare at the books.

He could sometimes see Yoongi flipping through the books with a cup of coffee, or Jimin sitting there with big blueprints doing god-knows-what.

He was always reminded of his college library, and then his encounter with Y/N.

Namjoon shuddered.

"What are you going here?"

Namjoon jumped at the sudden voice.

Looking around, he saw Y/N looking at him quizzically. Y/N followed his line of sight to see him eyeing the bookshelves.

Namjoon gulped.

"I was just..." Namjoon glanced at the books. How weird would it be if he told her he was looking at the books? She would find it creepy. Or even idiotic. Who knows she might kick him out for eyeing her books.

"You were just?" Y/N raised an eyebrow, stifling a smile.

"I was looking at the books," Namjoon admitted sheepishly, eyes on his feet like a five-year-old toddler being caught stealing chocolates.

"You guys only look at books? I thought they were for reading." Y/N wondered aloud.

Namjoon rubbed his neck in embarrassment.

"I don't know if we are allowed to read them-"

"You could have asked me?"

Y/N leaned on the doorway with her arms folded. It was always fun to tease Namjoon. He got flustered way too easily.

"I was going to," Namjoon defended.

"Yet you didn't?" Y/N smirked at the boy who was searching desperately for an answer.

"I have to go to my room, so I didn't ask you yet," Namjoon answered.

"And yet you are standing here for the last ten minutes," Y/N asked back smoothly.

"How do you know it's been ten minutes?" Namjoon asked confused. He was sure it was only four minutes.

"Are you doubting me?" Y/N asked with a frown.

Namjoon shook his head repeatedly. "No I mean I want to learn how you know," He replied back immediately.

Y/N rolled her eyes.

Yes, teasing him was fun but she had to go back to her tasks. She had told Jin and Taehyung to find out more about the meetings of all the mafia leaders that had helped in the attacks on the Song gang. She was actually going in the direction of the stairs to go to Jimin and Jungkook so she could give them their tasks but had backtracked to see Namjoon looking at the books like they were his long-lost love.

No harm in having some fun, is it?

But she had enough fun. Now it was time to go back to work.

"You can borrow books. But make sure you don't damage them in any way. And I mean it Namjoon," Y/N said before turning around to go where she was originally headed to.

"Thanks!" Namjoon said to her and retreated back and Y/N just glanced at him over her shoulder.

"You're welcome." She said before disappearing around the corner.