Chapter 43: Gardens with Ponds

||

~No one's POV~

||

Everyone in the house was setting up their things or searching for the attacker.

Jin, Yoongi, and Hoseok were looking through more details about Giho. Jimin and Jungkook were in the training room and the faint sounds of punching bags could be heard around the place. Maria was in the kitchen busying herself with what she loved the most, cooking. Y/N went up to the terrace and no one knew what she was up to. Sunghoon was resting in his room. And Namjoon was sitting in the library where he was sent to keep him occupied.

However, amidst this, Taehyung was sitting in the garden outside. He looked over to the flowers, everything matching with the descriptions he had heard from him. Even though they had never been here before, he still knew that the rose flower beds were in a circle, surrounded by sunflower beds. He also knew that the pond nearby had spawned generations of frogs and the oldest ones were respectfully buried around it. He also knew the bench they sat on had his initials carved in the corner.

He knew so much it terrified him.

The thought that he was supposed to eventually return to the same things they had run away from, scared him to see the twisted ways fate bought them together.

||

~Flashback~

||

"That was better." He smiled and handed them all bottles of water.

"Thank you." Taehyung smiled as he took a huge sip along with the others. Turns out their companion was better at training them than their trainers.

He knew attacks and defenses that were more practical than exhausting. Which was very helpful as it increased their effectiveness and skills.

"Okay Namjoon and Taehyung, it is time for you to sleep," Jin said the boys groaned.

"We wanna stay up!" Namjoon whined.

Ever since they ran away, Namjoon had been very numb and disinterested in everything. But when he had offered to team up and help, he had also helped Namjoon recover and live freely once again. They were beginning to see the old Namjoon who was always happy and cheerful.

"No, you have to sleep. Go, shoo," Jin ushered the duo out of the room and they went away grumbling something along the lines 'Grumpy old man' and 'Hitler Hyung'.

As they went away, Jin turned to the boy beside him, slowly munching on the pringles he had in his hand.

"The job you told us about, won't it alert our people about our location?" Jin asked worriedly.

"They won't. You will be working as a spy, so the first thing they will have to do is find you. But if you are a spy, you should know how to hide yourself." He shrugged, leaving Jin to process his words.

"You mean when we take up the job, we won't be able to live normally?" Jin asked, shoulders slumping in despair.

"You can. But it is your choice to make. I have merely offered you a solution, it is now your responsibility to use it to your advantage." He advised.

The boy stood up, leaving the pringles can behind as Jin sat there thinking about the offer and the job. As he exited the room, he noticed the curtains flailing.