Chapter 37: A Clear Head

||

~No ones's POV~

||

Fuck you.

Fuck this world.

Fuck everything.

Why does this shit always happen to me? Why can't I have one peaceful day and drink my coffee without something else approaching?

I asked for one normal day and again this shit goes down.

The voice in the back of her head was cursing out all the colourful words it could find. Sitting on the edge of her bed, Y/N was fuming.

Everything was going right, wrong, and a jumbled mess of everything.

First, Jungkook had finally taken his revenge. The one she had just been waiting for. The worst part, it could have happened a year ago, if only she had told him about Jaehwa.

Second, according to what happened a few hours ago, the Kims had probably sent the three brothers on their way to spy on them. Who knows how much information they might have leaked already?

"I shouldn't have underestimated them. Now I don't know how much we have been snitched on, or if the information we got about Giho is reliable or not. Not to mention the efforts and resources we so casually blew up for them. Argh." Y/N groans as she lays her head on the couch.

Rubbing her eyes together, the exhaustion finally kicks in as the adrenaline wears out. She vented out all the pent-up anger on punching up the boxing bag, and now it's in shreds as her hands bleed inside her bandage.

Y/N looks up at the ceiling, her eyes struggling to stay open. She doesn't bother keeping them open anymore. Y/N hears light footsteps approaching her, but a gentle hand on her forehead keeps her from getting up.

"Sleep Y/N-ah, you are tired," Hoseok calls out in a soothing voice as he lulls her to sleep.

"I'm no-" Y/N is cut off by a yawn and Hoseok chuckles softly.

"Sleep. Or I'll call Yoongi Hyung." He threatens her playfully causing Y/N to smile slightly. "I heard you have been in the basement."

It wasn't a statement, it was an observation. The basement is her training room, but in correspondence to the events that happened in the last few hours, he knows she is working herself way more than necessary.

"I was punishing myself. For overlooking things that were practically breakdancing in front of me. How could I be so ignorant? I'm losing my skills." Y/N says, a hint of disappointment in her voice.

Hoseok sits on the floor, at eye level with Y/N on the couch.

"Do you know when did I first meet you?" He asks, completely ignoring her previous statements.

"Obviously. When I ran away from school and Appa hired you. You were appointed as my bodyguard." I stated the obvious.

Yoongi and Hoseok, both were their assigned bodyguards. They were just a few years older than them but trained much better. They used to keep them out of trouble but soon Y/N began putting them in trouble. However, the longest anyone has ever stayed by her side is these two.

Y/N can almost see Hoseok's lips forming a beautiful heart-shaped smile as she felt him get up, but her eyes just didn't bother opening. Y/N felt her head being lifted and then laid comfortably on his lap. Hoseok begins caressing her hair as he speaks softly.

"You met me when you were in school. I have seen you when you were ten. The day I was recruited, I knew I was your bodyguard, for life, until I died. Yoongi Hyung was assigned to..." Hoseok sighs. "Anyways, I have seen you fall out of the mango tree and then set off to cut it off with an apple knife. I have seen you painting the whole garden lawn a bright yellow because he loved yellow. I have seen you catch butterflies and set them free near big flowers so they could get more food."

Hoseok Oppa pauses, tracing a scar on my neck, the gift of my first fight. Also the last fight I lost.

"But I've also seen you drop to the ground with blood on your face, then get up right away and beat the shit out of the opponent. I've also seen your forge knives that kill and swords that torture. And I've definitely seen you jump run out into the field with no armour and just a handgun. I've seen more of you than you ever know."

Y/N feels Hoseok shift a little, to fold his legs up in a more comfortable position.

"I'm telling you this because I know you'll blame yourself for everything. Jungkook hadn't seen Jaehwa, and it's good you didn't tell us that because that would've blown up the cover. He was mumbling your name in his sleep, and not like a curse, but like a blessing. You are a blessing for all of us, even though a bit violent," Y/n hits him playfully but her sleepy hand isn't of much help. "You are still our little sister. Your father kept us for you, and we'll be with you forever. I promise."

His soothing voice calmed her to the point she was asleep in his lap. Y/N got lost between the free head massage and burning knuckles under the bandages as she settled into a rather peaceful sleep.

||

Y/N got up straight, and cracked her knuckles, feeling refreshed and anew. It seemed like Hoseok had tucked her to sleep in her own room, no surprise given how strong he was, and left her there to sleep for four hours.

Y/N stood up, quickly doing her hair and rushed to splash cold water on her face. Feeling awake, Y/N walked downstairs to the kitchen. The maids quietly handed her a cup, sugar and coffee container to let her make her own coffee. As Y/N is making her coffee she feels someone's presence behind her.

"Try as you might I'm not sharing my coffee Jimin."

"Too bad I'm a thief."

Y/N effortlessly dodges a grasping hand that came to take her cup of coffee. Jimin tries to make another try but Y/N twirls on her place, sipping on her coffee completely at ease.

Jimin leans back on the countertop, sulking, as he makes himself another coffee. Y/N sits quietly on the sofa, takes a sip from her coffee and puts her attention to Jimin.

"What should we do about the guys then?"

Jimin looks up from stirring his coffee, making his way to the sofa. Sitting on the sofa, he shrugs one shoulder.

"I'm not really sure. But I have done a thorough search on the three guys, and there are no tracking devices on them. They haven't spoken a word since and knowing that no signal can go in or out of this house without going past our firewall, I doubt they have sent anything outside. Aside from Jaehwa's attack, nothing has happened to us whatsoever."

Y/N shifts in her place, grasping at what Jimin was trying to say, but still chose not to say it. "Say it Jimin."

Jimin rolls his eyes. "You know what I'm gonna say. I don't think they are spies. I mean they could be related to the Kims or whatever, but they are definitely not spies."

"That I have deduced till now. The only problem is how did Minjun come into this equation. He is dumb, and not an ounce like what he was supposed to be. How did he even come an iota close to kidnapping, much less touching another human being? As far as I know he a spoiled brat." Y/N huffed.

"The only people who could answer you this are currently locked in here," Jimin said, throwing the bunch of keys Y/N's way.

Y/N caught them in her free hand.

"I'll talk to them later. Tell me, how's Jungkook." Y/N pocketed the keys and put the now-empty cup on the kitchen counter.

"Better. He is probably awake right now. You should first get to him."

"Fine. Do the dishes. Love ya."

"Ah, not again," Jimin grumbles as Y/N winks his way before going upstairs to Jungkook's room. Her priorities are set straight and her family comes first.

||

Vote for President Namjoon.