Chapter 56: Apologies

||

~No one's POV~

||

Y/N sat down at her usual place at the breakfast table. On her right, Yoongi and Hoseok were seated, while on her left Jimin and Jungkook were seated. Namjoon, Taehyung, Jin, and Maria were seated in the remaining places.

Sunghoon was still not allowed to get out of his room.

Even though Jimin and Jungkook were sitting next to Y/N, they made no approach to talk to her.

Neither did Y/N, for that matter.

"Hoseok Oppa, will you pass me the bread?" Y/N asked, even though the plate of bread was in front of Jungkook.

Hoseok passed it to her but also sent a disapproving glare in the direction of the trio.

"Will you three stop sulking and act like responsible people now?" Hoseok scolded.

"I am acting responsibly. But someone doesn't care about safety as much as we do." Jungkook emphasized the word giving a pointed glare to Y/N.

"She does care about unimportant things tho," Jimin glanced at the Kim brothers, but quickly averted his eyes.

Namjoon and Taehyung shifted uncomfortably in their seat, sensing the growing tension. Jin, however, stayed focused on the food.

"You need to stop acting like babies," Maria said, taking a bit of the toast.

Y/N smeared butter on her toast, rather aggressively, and everyone stopped talking.

"I think we all need to focus on works that are useful rather than our differences," Y/N said, successfully putting a stop to the topic.

Munching on the toast harder than necessary, Y/N flipped the pages of a random magazine she took from the table. She could hear Jimin mutter under his breath but decided not to question him.

Taehyung looked at Namjoon to find him already staring at him.

"What happened?" Taehyung mouthed.

"I have no idea," Namjoon mouthed back, shrugging slightly.

The breakfast continued, and so did Jimin's glares and Jungkook's eye rolls.

||

"Y/N!"

Y/N turned halfway to see Namjoon walking toward her in the hallway.

"What?" She asked dryly.

"I just..." Namjoon paused, looking everywhere but Y/N. "I was asking did you find anything about the attacker?"

Y/N raised an eyebrow at him.

Namjoon rubbed his neck as a pink tint colored his cheeks. "I was just curious, did I do something wrong?"

Y/N blinked. "I didn't quite understand the context?"

"Jimin and Jungkook were being pretty hostile towards us, I was just asking if something happened..." Namjoon trailed off as Y/N sent a narrowed glare in his direction.

Namjoon gulped under her gaze.

"You are sometimes too clever for your own bad, do you know that?" Y/N said.

"I was always told I'm nosy," Namjoon answered and realized a second too late what he had said.

"Hell yes, you are nosy. Yes, something happened and yes, you are a problem. Now, what would you do? Help me brainstorm the solution?" Y/N asked snidely.