Chapter 60: Break-in

||

~No one's POV~

||

Namjoon sat on the bench near the pond, allowing his brain to think.

After seeing the photo in the kitchen, he was sure Y/N and Youngsoo were twins. Like anyone can say they were twins, Y/N was just the feminine version of Youngsoo.

It was still weird to think she had a twin but no one in the house ever mentioned anything about him.

Like, if you have even a distant cousin at some point in your life you will say their name, even for gossip purposes.

Then why did no one ever mention Y/N has a twin?

It was all really weird. If Namjoon ever had a twin he would never shut up about him. Or her.

What could have happened?

"Ugh, why am I so invested in it?" Namjoon said to no one in particular.

He felt like he was in one of those mystery novels, where the protagonist tries to figure out things and suddenly it all makes sense.

But he wasn't a protagonist.

And nothing was making sense.

"I guess it's enough time to think, now I should head back inside!" Namjoon stood up as dark began falling. A few stars could be seen here and there, but it was not completely dark. Yet, the lights outside were turned on as they usually were.

Namjoon briskly walked to the house and opened the door, coming face to face with Jimin.

The latter didn't even glance his way as he passed Namjoon, and before Namjoon could wonder why and where Jimin was going, he was pulled back into the house.

"What are you doing there, get inside," Y/N's bored voice came to him as he noticed she had ushered him towards his room.

Namjoon kept his curiosity to himself as he made his way toward his room. He had seen Yoongi and Hoseok also standing at the main door, and he could see something was going on. He decided he should probably tell Jin about this and went inside his room.

Y/N glanced at Namjoon's retreating back.

"He knows," Hoseok said.

"I know he knows. We just have to wait more." Y/N shrugged, glancing anxiously toward the main door.

||

~Somewhere else~

||

Jimin wasn't a fool

Jimin wasn't a fool.

He knew the Kim mansion was going to be difficult to break in.

And that's why he was not going to break in.