Chapter 26: Deja vu?

||

~No one's POV~

||

"Does Namjoon smoke?"

"Eh?" Taehyung asked, confused as hell. He had expected something related to Namjoon's kidnapping, but this was nothing near that.

"I asked did Namjoon smoke?" Y/N repeated calmly.

"No! Of course not! Or how would he be alive by now!" Taehyung denied it immediately, still trying to understand where does this question go. But all he got were dead ends.

Y/N nodded.

"What animals did he adopt temporarily before Jin kicked them out?" She asked.

Taehyung thought over all those tiny animals Namjoon brought home in his jacket. "He brought crabs mostly. And sometimes birds. He loved cute and small things so they usually fit in his palm. Once he brought a puppy though, but we had to send it to the vet to treat its wounds."

Y/N nodded again storing all the details.

"What was his shoe preference?"

"He liked camping boots. They helped him walk anywhere around the city, but he also preferred lightweight ones. And obviously not too expensive because he destroys everything he touches." Taehyung was now simply recalling memories, the reason why Y/N chose him for interrogation.

He was easier to open up, but Jin thought everything a hundred times so it was hard to get out unfiltered information from him.

"Lastly, what does he hate eating?"

"Mint chocolate ice cream and seafood. He absolutely hates these two." Taehyung grimaced remembering the fights over that ice cream.

"Why? Mint choco is lovely." Y/N said nonchalantly, but Taehyung took it seriously.

"How on earth is it lovely? It isn't! It tastes like...uh..." Taehyung searched for words.

"Like you mixed toothpaste in chocolate," Jimin completed from behind.

"Exactly! Like you mixed toothpaste in chocolate!" Taehyung does dramatic gestures with his hands. "It is just not fit for eating! Why on earth will anyone eat that?"

Both Jimin and Taehyung began a passionate discussion about how Mint Chocolate Ice Cream is the worst way to eat ice cream and how there are much better flavours with chocolate.

Y/N just sat there in the middle, letting the two boys continue their talk while she herself was joining clues.

'Namjoon doesn't smoke. He likes small and cute things. He hates Mint chocolate.' Y/N thought to herself assessing the previous information she already had.

"Gotcha." Y/N stood up.

"Jimin, I'm going to Jin, send Hoseok Oppa in his room," Y/N said over her shoulder and Jimin too got up.

"Taehyung you stay here, if I have time I'll come back," Jimin said as he too exited the room.

"Yes, Happy Journey!" Taehyung waved and Jimin rolled his eyes at him but waved back anyway.

||

~Somewhere else~

||

"Yes, your dear uncle Kim Chanyoung. It's been long, brother."