Chapter 32: Vintage Buildings

||

~No one's POV~

||

"Hyung!" Taehyung shouted loudly as he entered the room.

Jin was, as usual, in their allotted room sorting newspaper cuttings and files. He was still unable to find the exact reason why fabricated details replaced the whole database about Choi Giho, but he was sure he would find at least something.

Taehyung was usually with Y/N discussing what could be the best ways to lure Namjoon out. They were obviously going to go in, but halfway Namjoon also had to come out.

"Yes, Tae?" Jin asked glancing at the blonde-haired boy.

"Have you seen Jimin?" Taehyung asked.

"Unless he is invisible, no, I didn't," Jin answered, returning to his files.

"I didn't see him since yesterday." Taehyung scratched his head. "Okay, anyway, did you find anything? Y/N said Giho would take some time to figure out so she will be first focusing on Namjoon Hyung. Because the more you stay here, the more vulnerable we all are to them."

Jin nodded as he searched through the papers to find a pink-colored file. "She is right. We need to get out of here."

He gave the file to Taehyung. "This file has all the things I think have some connection to each other. But the problem is that no one can really figure out much because everything is too vague."

Taehyung sat down eagerly, waiting for Jin to explain.

"Giho turned up really surprisingly, about eight years ago. He never revealed whom he worked for, but most of his activities benefitted the Kims. His death was not a mystery, but it looks so unrealistic that a person with no confirmed connections in the underworld may die by a mere gunshot. Either he was betrayed, or this is a lie."

"What if he turned against the Kims?" Taehyung asked.

"That might be a possibility, but the Kims never really showed any open connection with him. All the murders and kidnappings showed later on that they solved the issues Kims had. The Kims were not on the good side either, their crimes were not always justified. They never spared innocents. But again, where there is a crime, innocence has a hard time existing." Jin smiled softly.

"Thank god, we left that."

||

~Somewhere else~

||

Jimin peeked in through the door to Y/N's room.

"Just come in," Y/N said without even glancing up from her tablet. Jimin walked inside with a massive smile on his face.

"We found it!" He announced excitedly.

"Found what? Jams?" Y/N answered absentmindedly.

"No! We found him! Namjoon!" Jimin pulled Y/N into an embrace that screamed happiness.

"Thank god you told me to meet Sunghoon! He was the one who was spying on Namjoon! Now, all we have to do is ask him about Namjoon, and case solved!" Jimin pulled back and patted himself on his shoulder.

Y/N smiled sweetly at him. "Jiminie, did you forget I am the one who sent Sunghoon to work under Jaehwa?"

Jimin's happy face turned into a frown.

Y/N continued, her smile vanishing in an instant. "Don't you think I have tried to find Namjoon through Sunghoon? In case you don't know, I did. And guess what? Jaehwa had someone else spy on Namjoon too. And currently, we have no idea who was the second spy. Or how many."

Jimin's face dropped at the news.

He dropped sadly onto the bed. Y/N sighed, rubbing circles on his back. "I know we are just three pieces away from the puzzle. Find the second spy, Namjoon's location, and the motive. Just three more steps, hmm?"

Jimin nodded slowly.

"Aish, don't give me that face!" Y/N pinched his cheeks and he smiled. "That's better."

"Okay, now I'm going to Seokjin's room. You should check on Taehyung, he was asking for you." Y/N said as she got up. Walking backward, she did finger guns, laughing before going out of sight.

||

"Seokjin...I never knew Taehyung liked it." Y/N said, frozen in the doorway as she saw Taehyung reading a book.

'Shatter Me'

"Yeah, he liked the cover a lot, so he took it," Seokjin admitted sheepishly, knowing well Y/N had warned them not to touch anything of the room. He wasn't sure if books were included but his brother's wish was a lot higher on his priority list than anyone or anything.

"Just...put it back again," Y/N said as she quickly glanced into the empty space on the shelf, and there it was, the journal sitting snugly in between.

"Okay!" Taehyung smiled widely at her before burying his nose back into the book.

"He really likes these things so I couldn't say no, after all at home he always has books to read and now that he doesn't have many, you can see he was heavily book-deprived," Seokjin explained as Y/N took a seat on the couch.

"Understandable." Y/N glanced at Taehyung quietly enacting a scene, probably from the story. "He does have a taste for things like this."

"Like what?" Seokjin asked confused by the sudden comment.

"Things like these. Books, rain, animals. He is too normal to be in your field of work. I'm surprised he is even hired." Y/N said offhandedly.

"Yeah...he is," Seokjin said slowly.

Y/N quickly got back on topic. "So this information came today, Namjoon had his phone with him until sometime, before it was tossed into the woods 17 kilometers to the east of your house location. Almost outside the city. He might be kept in the lone buildings in that area, or this might be just a lead to mislead us. Seeing as it's not me, I'm 100% sure it's not a lead and he is being kept in one of the nine buildings in that area."

"It took so long to find a phone?" Seokjin asked, surprised.

"It did. The phone was probably run over by the vehicle, and I'm pretty sure it was a heavy vehicle considering the damage it did in one try. The signals were so poor, that it took a lot of time. But we found it and that's what matters." Y/N shrugged.

"So did you find him?" Seokjin asked, and Y/N could see the way his face lit up.

"Not yet but we are looking through the buildings. I want to show you these pictures, and see if you find anything familiar, or unfamiliar. Maybe that could help us eliminate some places."

Y/N showed him the pictures.

Scrolling through many, Seokjin shook his head at everyone. They were of abandoned factories, old mansions, broken buildings, all of them. But none of them felt the least bit unusual.

Until.

"Hey wait, go a bit backward?" Seokjin stopped Y/N.

She did as asked.

"This building, it was Daehyun's property, right?" Seokjin asked, observing the nameplate.

"You are right, this one is under his gang. Or more like was." Y/N laughed at her own joke. "And woah, barely been a month since his death and it's already abandoned."

"Are you sure it's abandoned?" Seokjin asked, his heartbeat raising at the possibility of finding his brother back.

"No, obviously. I think it's time Jungkook did something. He really needs to take a break from Overwatch." Y/N played with the pen in her hand, spinning it around, almost absentmindedly.

And without Seokjin knowing, she had already sent the coded message from the pen's movements directly to Jungkook.

"We have a mission. Wanna join?"

||

Vote for President Namjoon.