Chapter 17: Give and Take

||

~No one's POV~

||

"This Giho is a really interesting person. How ironic he has so many cases under his name and still not even a single photo." Y/N ran her hands through her hair, frustrated by the turn of events.

The DNA samples didn't match with anyone. So no one among the potential suspects fits in the category. The interrogation with Seokjin had also left them with a dead end as they had no proper or useful relation with the Kims or Giho. Thankfully it was all over in a day or else they would regret it too much. And like any typical villain, this villain too had hidden his face from the world for god knows what reasons. As if he had horns.

"He had made a tattoo on his face like an eye patch. His associates often said he looked quite young than he was. He seemed to be a workout person." Yoongi read through his notes.

"Workout person? Quite interesting for a man in his forties. He must be really health conscious." Hoseok remarked.

Y/N shook her head. All the information wasn't of help whatsoever. She needed a break. Now.

"Oppa. I'm going out for a while." Y/N said grabbing her phone. "Don't wait for me at dinner. I need some time alone. A lot actually."

Yoongi and Hoseok waved as she sped off on her bike. They knew she had been stressing a lot lately and the fact that she hadn't read books since over a week was not helpful at all.

"Do you ever wonder what would have happened if Y/N never left her house that day?" Hoseok suddenly asked, eyes still on the disappearing figure of Y/N.

Yoongi sighed. "There is always a what-if and a but. We never know. But she wouldn't have found us. And even though I don't support running away from home at the age of thirteen, she was quite brave." Yoongi smiled fondly.

"She is." Hoseok whispered softly.

||

~Somewhere else~

||

Y/N pulled her cap down to hide half of her face as she crept slowly towards the two boys sitting on the park bench.

They were Taehyung and Seokjin.

She wasn't originally planning to stalk the two boys after the clear-cut warning she gave them just a few hours ago. But something they were talking about piqued her interest. Eavesdropping is anyway the least of the crimes on her list.

"Hyung, take deep breaths. Now tell me what did they say exactly?" Taehyung asked rubbing small circles on the elder's back.

"They had called. They said we have to tell them everything we know about this one person. I agreed. But the person they said is out of our reach." Seokjin whispered just enough that Y/N could make out the words.

Taehyung's eyes softened. "Hyung! How can you give up? We should at least try-"

"They want information about Y/N." Seokjin said cutting off the younger midsentence. "And we both know that's impossible. If we end up at the bottom of a river who will rescue Namjoon?" Seokjin ran a hand through his hair.

From the trees, Y/N could hear their conversation and everything clicked at once.

"So this enemy somehow found out Namjoon was kidnapped by me, and so they are now again taking Namjoon as bait to get information about me." Y/N thought to herself to join all the clues. "I can't let them use people to get to me." She took out her phone and typed furiously as the situation couldn't be told quickly on phone.