Chapter 5: Kindergarten

||

~No one's POV~

||

"Bye Jin Hyung, Bye Taehyung-ah, bye!" Namjoon hurriedly waved to his brothers as he ran out of the house.

He wasn't late today. But he wanted to reach college earlier. To quench his thirst about the book he was reading yesterday.

There is no way a library doesn't have at least two copies of one book. That too of a book that was published several years ago.

He wanted to confirm that there is another copy of the book that he might have missed. No matter how familiar he is with the library, he is a human and mistakes are long-lost friends of humans.

"Mrs. Bae! Good Morning!" He greeted the librarian after catching his breath. The woman looked surprised.

"Namjoon-ssi! So early? What happened dear?" She asked.

"I wanted to check how many copies do we have of Demian by Hermann Hesse." He asked clear and cut.

"Sure." Mrs Bae typed something on her computer while Namjoon waited patiently. He was half an hour earlier so he could spare enough time to reach his classes.

"Oh. There is only one copy. I clearly remember I had ordered twenty. Where did the rest go then?" Mrs Bae muttered to herself as she again checked the database.

"Yes. There is only one remaining. But no worries, I will order some more copies. They might come this week. Do you need it urgently?" Mrs Bae asked.

"Ani, not urgently. I wanted to read it. But thanks anyway, I can read it later. I am taking another book here." Namjoon bowed to the teacher and she nodded.

Despite the several warning bells in his mind, Namjoon still walked toward the shelf where he found that book. He knew it was in the K-section, 7th shelf. And sure enough, among the other books, there was this book.

It looked completely untouched until Namjoon glanced at it once more and noticed that the paper he found yesterday was not here anymore.

"Did the previous reader finish reading it?" He asked himself as he picked the book.

He distinctly remembers the paper was on page 27.

"No paper. Maybe the previous reader came and read the book. Aish it was nothing Namjoonie." He kept the book back on its shelf and flashed a quick smile to the librarian before exiting the room.

"I should not poke around now." Namjoon muttered walking briskly toward his class.

But he still wondered.

Why did the previous reader stop so early into the book?
Did they come late to the library?
So they couldn't read it whole?
But how did they read it all the next day?
Why use paper instead of bookmarks?

As for now, kept the questions to himself. Because he knew only he can find those answers. He just had to figure out whether he should find them or not.

||

~Somewhere else~

||

"Ready?" Y/N asked.

Jimin nodded once. The boys were around them, listening to the whole plan for the first time.

"Jimin and I will be disguised as buyers for the building. There is a watchman there, who obviously worked for Daehyun. In the absence of his boss, we can persuade him to show us the building. Jimin will find any useful documents and I have to check something." Y/N explained.