Chapter 16: Screwed for Real

||

~No one's POV~

||

Jin, Taehyung and Namjoon were sitting casually in the living room. Jin was typing something on his laptop, and Taehyung was making a house of cards with the UNO cards.

Namjoon, as usual, was perched with a book open in front of him. Completely engrossed.

Ding Dong.

"I'll get it." Taehyung said as only he was in the state to get up, both his hyungs were snuggled comfortably.

Taehyung opened the door to a courier man. He seemed nervous and was fiddling with the paper notebook he had in his hand. Probably as this is his first service maybe, or so Taehyung thought.

"Is this the house of...Kim Namjoon?" He asked timidly.

"Yes, it is. Hold on." Taehyung turned to face the boys. "Namjoon Hyung! You courier!"

Namjoon got up quickly going to the door. The courier boy looked at him and handed him the parcel.

"Sir please open and check it here only. That way we can replace it if there were any defects." He politely informed.

"What is it Hyung?" Taehyung asked happily as Namjoon opened the brown paper wrapping. Looking at them Jin too joined them.

No one noticed the courier man slowly backing away.

"They are the trilogy book series I told you abou-"

Namjoon was cut off by a loud bang as the trigger in the package opened and the hidden smoke bomb went off. Jin and Taehyung immediately grabbed the air for Namjoon. Coughing out the smoke they came out into the yard. As the smoke settled, the realisation dawned upon them.

"Not again!" Taehyung groaned.

Jin was again grief-stricken that he failed to protect his brother, but that soon changed to anger.

"I know who it is." Jin stormed to get his phone and dialled the same number he was going to delete. It seemed like fate wanted them to meet anyway.

||

~Somewhere else~

||

Y/N was sprawled on the floor with Jungkook after an intense push-up session with Jungkook. The maknae had challenged her to beat him which she did but at the cost of her burning muscles.

"I wonder if I can ever move from now." She panted, too tired to grab a water bottle.

"Me too." Jungkook answered.

As they were catching their breaths, a panicked Hoseok barged into the Gym.

"Y/N, come here, quick!"

Hoseok's worried tone gave her different interpretations, so ignoring the burning in her muscles and switching to survival mode, she swiftly got up picking her water bottle. Y/N followed Hoseok with Jungkook trailing behind.

Jimin and Yoongi were sitting on the couch with a phone in their hands, seemingly worried.

"Here." Yoongi handed the phone to Y/N who was completely clueless as to what exactly happened. The call was on speaker so everyone could hear what was going on.

"Hello?" She said over the call.

"DON'T HELLO ME YOU IDIOT!!! YOU SAID YOU WILL NEVER CROSS PATHS WITH US AGAIN!!! WHERE IS MY BROTHER??? I WARN YOU I CAN ASK FOR POLICE HELP!!! KIDNAPPING IS PROVED UNDER YOUR NAME!!! I AM ASKING YOU AGAIN WHERE IS NAMJOON???" A very loud voice shouted from the other side and Y/N almost dropped the phone but her training kept that phone in her hand.