Chapter 8: Sherlock Holmes

||

~No one's POV~

||

Three weeks.

Three weeks since they found that file.

Three weeks since they are trying to make sense of all the clues they have.

"Three fucking weeks and all we could find is that this man makes his signature with a back pen!" Y/N fisted her palms to keep them from tearing the documents apart.

"Calm down, Calm down my nuie!" Hoseok said without looking up.

"I am calm Oppa but this butt kickery is not helping my temper at all!" Y/N got up suddenly, tying her ponytail into a bun.

"I'll be back." Without waiting for anyone's response, Y/N walked down to the basement. Passing through the long corridor leaving the rooms behind she stopped in front of the room labelled 'Let Go'.

She opened the door and removed her hoodie to change into one of the tank tops that would always be there. Wrapping the hand wraps tightly around her hands, she punched the punching bag with all her might.

Once.

Twice.

Again.

Again.

And again.

Until her knuckles burned with pain.

Her anger slowly imprinted on the punching bag. The frustration of not knowing everything. The irritation of someone else messing up her life. The anger with people trying to harm her family. Everything poured out onto the punching bag.

Poor thing couldn't even ask mercy.

"Why?" A punch.

"Why?" Another punch.

"Why is it so fucking hard?" Y/N gritted through her teeth as she landed another hit on the punching bag. Red blotches were now visible on her hand wraps, but she couldn't stop.

"Why can't we figure it out? AH!"

From experience, she knew strong emotions trigger her brain. Especially the strong emotions that are closer to sins like anger and wrath.

It was the best time she could try to find out something.

"Why can't I be Sherlock Holmes? Just for an hour? I fucking hate this! AH!" Another series of punches on the bag, and Y/N could swear she saw blood dripping to the floor.

But her focus was on something else.

One clue that can help sort out everything.

"Wait." She stopped mid-punch. A question that flickered randomly in her brain now made a bit of sense. No, not a bit. It made all the sense in the world.

"Fuck." Y/N cursed and ran upstairs to where the boys were still sitting.

"Guys!" She shouted, getting their attention.

"Why are you looking so homeless all of a sudden?" Hoseok asked.

Ignoring the elder, Y/N grabbed Jimin. "Jimin, where is that encoded paper you found in the files from Ilsan?"

Jimin blinked at the unexpected question. "I kept it here somewhere. Wait." Jimin mumbled as he took out the files again.

Flipping through the pages he scanned the entries and stopped at a particular page.