Chapter 70: North America

||

~No one's POV~

||

A knock on the door alerts Sunghoon and he asks them to come inside.

It was Maria, with his breakfast.

"I can walk now I wanted to go downstairs to eat!" Sunghoon whines as Maria placed the food on the bedside table.

"Y/N said she won't have breakfast downstairs, so only the Kim brothers and Jungkook had breakfast. You are late," Maria handed him the plate of fried rice and he rolled his eyes.

"Yeah, fine," Sunghoon grumbled taking a spoonful.

"Why didn't Y/N come?"

"I don't know. Maybe planning for something? I have no idea." Maria shrugged.

"Yeah. Everything must have taken a toll on her," Sunghoon mused.

"How are you holding up?" Sunghoon asked Maria.

"Me? I'm great as always," Maria said with a smile, so much like her.

"It must be hard for you too," Sunghoon said with a small smile.

Maria shrugged. "Can't let it affect myself, can I?"

Sunghoon leaned in, beckoning her forward.

"If you ever want to tear him apart I heard we have a large photo of Youngsoo in the storeroom," Sunghoon whispered with a serious expression.

Maria burst into laughter.

"Oh, I would love to!" Maria agreed.

"Then it's decided, whenever you want to commit a murder, you have the victim," Sunghoon winked and Maria returned the gesture.

Maria sat by Sunghoon as he finished the food, listening to him talk about all sorts of different things, maybe to distract Maria from Youngsoo, but it worked anyway.

She needed the distraction.

||

"Ugh, why is the wind so loud!" Y/N cried out as her head throbbed.

Last night's events were a blur, and she knew she needed to eat something to cure the hangover.

"My head!" Y/N stumbled her way to the bathroom and without doing anything else, turned on the shower.

The cold water did nothing to calm the headache, but it surely increased her irritation.

"Why did I even do this...?"

Y/N stumbled out of the shower and searched the cabinets for painkillers. In her room, she faintly remembered a bottle of water was kept on the bedside table.

Dripping water all over the floor and carpet, Y/N grabbed the bottle and walked back to the bathroom, almost slipping by the water.

With some sense in her mind, she remembered to wipe her hands before picking the pills, and that gave her a sort of relief that the pain would subside soon.

For extra precaution, she also took the hangover pills so that her body gets into working mode faster.

Until then, her only option was to sleep because she could feel herself getting lightheaded.

She didn't feel nauseous during hangovers, but the headaches were a nuisance.

Stumbling to the bed, she threw herself on the mattress, not caring that she was getting everything wet.