Chapter 31: Talks and Laughs

||

~No one's POV~

||

"Sunghoon!"

Jimin cried as he hugged the person walking toward his table. The latter responded with the same energy.

"Jiminie! You grew up an inch!" Jimin slapped Sunghoon lightly as he pulled him down to sit. It was almost afternoon so nobody was in the cafe to spot them.

"How's life going? How's Coco? Is he eating well? Who is taking his care? Who is taking your care? Are you on a mission? Did you succeed?" Jimin asked not giving Sunghoon a chance to speak.

Sunghoon sighed and stuffed a caramel roll in Jimin's mouth to shut him up. It worked.

"Gosh, I was so happy seeing you now I'm simply irritated." Jimin frowned and Sunghoon laughed, his laugh ringing in the familiar silence.

Jimin swallowed the caramel roll as Sunghoon sat there laughing at the way Jimin's face was now smeared with food crumbs.

"I can't believe after all these years of friendship you still have the nerve to stuff a caramel roll in my face when I'm talking what if I choked?" Jimin sighed.

"You know what I do for a living, right? No one can die if I don't want them to." Sunghoon winked and Jimin rolled his eyes.

"Your regular." Maria jumped into the conversation with a plate of Tteokbokki and Japchae. Jimin and Sunghoon literally attacked the food like hungry animals and Maria sighed.

"Here I thought you grew up." Maria shook her head and smiled slightly as the two males started a race over who would finish the plate first.

"God, I can't imagine how Y/N handles you." Maria walked away leaving the two.

"I'm closing these curtains, there are people coming. And for god's sake don't ruin the tablecloths like you did last time." Maria closed the curtains, hiding in the secluded corner of the shop so no one knows about this little reunion.

As both had to keep their identities concealed, Jimin and Sunghoon could never meet each other in front of anyone who could recognise them. Jimin, as a part of the Song gang, has covered his identity since joining them. Sunghoon, on the other hand, has to keep his identity hidden for other reasons.

"That was crazy." Jimin sighed patting his stomach after successfully winning the race.

"Easy for you to say." Sunghoon scowled at Jimin.

"Anyways, where were you? I went to your place a couple of times, you weren't there?" Jimin asked.

"A new mission. A rather peculiar one. Our boss is already hell-bent on destroying your gang, but Y/N has told me to tell him whatever she asks me to. And god he is going crazy." They both laugh together.

"So what's new then?" Jimin asked curiously.

"There's this guy they asked us to search. Someone you met up with. Kim Namjoon I think. He went missing though, you have him right?" Sunghoon laughed but seeing Jimin's confused face, he stopped.

"What happened?"

"Namjoon is not with us. He is kidnapped. And we are trying to find who kidnapped him because apparently, that person has too much interest in us." Jimin narrated.

"It's been months since we met, spill." Sunghoon rested his hand on the table, waiting for Jimin to continue.

Jimin began telling the story. "Seven months ago, me, Y/N and Hoseok Hyung. We were heading home after finishing a deal with Jaesang, the dealer who controls the weapon market in the East. We always use open highways because the police are busy checking the secluded ways. Our warehouse was in our sights, and everything was fine. But we hadn't even stepped in when the guards rang the fire alarm and everything was on fire."