20

Chapter 20

The courtiers have been awake all night for the past three days, and when they meet together, they all smile bitterly and tease who has the bigger dark circles under their eyes.

On the night before July, when Yun Xiangxian passed away, they also gathered together like today, but secretly celebrated.

The happiest thing in life is the sudden death of a resentful and helpless person, and the most tragic and desperate thing is... that person has come back.

An anxious and dull atmosphere spread in the courtroom.

Courtiers are all human beings. If His Majesty hugged Yun Xiang on the altar that day, if it could be attributed to the short-lived excitement of what was lost and found, then how could he explain that he and Yun have lived and eaten together for the past three days?

His Majesty is clearly doing it for them and everyone in the world, silently showing his attitude of letting go of the past and protecting Yun Xiang unconditionally.

Everything is showing one thing - the cloud is about to return.

During the private banquet, some courtiers suddenly threw their bowls away, slapped the table and cried loudly: "What else do you want to eat! Your life is about to die!"

"You helped to frame the Cloud Party, it has nothing to do with us!"

"You're not much better! Don't think I don't know!"

"Alright, alright, stop arguing, let's calm down first, where's Zheng Hanlin? Why didn't he come?"

"I ran to give Fu Shangshu a gift this morning..."

"You didn't even call me!"

...

Xiao Rang issued the imperial decree and ordered Yun Xiangguan to resume his post. After the official appointment ceremony in the morning, Yun Xie returned to the mansion in a sedan chair. All the way, the people watched, and when they arrived at the mansion, the officials congratulated them, and the emperor carried dozens of boxes of gifts back and forth, and everyone was shocked.

Yun Xie was helped out of the sedan chair, looking at the pile of imperial gifts in the yard, but his face was slightly blue, and with a flick of his sleeves, he said angrily: "Hurry up and carry me down, it will take up the land and be an eyesore."

Everyone didn't know what to do, and looked at each other, but Cheng Lu, who came over, laughed bitterly.

Before leaving, His Majesty told Yun Xiang that it was a betrothal gift, and Yun Xiang was angry, so His Majesty had to change his tune and say it was... prostitutes.

It was impossible for Yun Xie to receive the reward, so Cheng Lu went back first.

Yun Xie frantically sent away the flattering courtiers, and was about to take a break, when he heard someone whispering outside the house: "Have you heard! The 'Drunken Dream Me' Liu Buqi was invited into the palace overnight. Your Majesty has heard of her beautiful name, do you want to call for luck overnight?!"

"Does that mean there will be more favorite concubines in the palace tomorrow?"

Yun Xie suddenly remembered what Xiao Rang had threatened him with before saying that he would kill all the people who had a relationship with him. The sleepiness he had accumulated disappeared, and he quickly got up and started to put on his robe, shouting to the outside world, "Enter the palace with a sedan chair!"

Yun Xie had nothing to do with Liu Buqi, but he never wanted to harm the innocent because of himself.

At the same time, in the brightly lit bedroom, Liu Buqi saluted cautiously, trying to minimize her presence.