74

Chapter 74

The housekeeper was dumbfounded: "Xiangguo, have you even forgotten this?"

Xiao Rang nodded happily, with a melancholy expression: "Otherwise, why would you say that your memory is getting worse? He's almost thirty after all."

Guan Family carefully identified it inside and out, and made sure that the real cloud was sitting in front of him, and then reminded: "That thing was embezzled by your brother."

Xiao Rang's tea-drinking action paused for a while, never expecting the truth to be like this, just as he was about to continue asking casually, the butler said again: "In these years, you have asked the old slave to secretly return a lot to the state treasury, but because the number of Big--"

Xiao Rang suddenly put down the tea cup and interrupted: "You mean there were more than four million taels in the beginning?"

The housekeeper looked blank: "Yeah, wasn't it nine million taels at the beginning, Xiangguo, did you even forget this?"

Xiao Rang realized his gaffe, took a sip of tea indifferently, and said ambiguous: "I still remember some, but after a long time, the memory is a little fuzzy, but you can tell me."

The housekeeper responded and talked endlessly. Obviously, he was humble before, and he clearly remembered it very well.

The more Xiao Rang listened, the more he felt that he was a beast.

Yun Xie's elder brother greed for nearly ten million taels. Yun Xie secretly tried to pay it back for more than ten years. He has already paid more than half of it. If he couldn't pay it back, he went to help the victims. He thought it was Yun Xie's corruption.

Xiao Rang regretted his bowels so much that he tried his best to maintain his composure, and asked, "Is that tens of thousands of acres of farmland also bought by my good brother?"

The housekeeper felt more and more strange, but still said truthfully: "No, there was a severe drought in the early years, and there was no harvest on the fields. Didn't you spend a lot of money to buy those poor-quality fields at the price of good fields?"

The steward said this suddenly filled with anger and righteous indignation: "Those people are really not a thing, you kindly help them, you are afraid that they will starve to death before buying their rotten fields, but the famine is over, but they are making a noise and saying that you are taking advantage of the They made a fortune and swindled the land, and they had bad intentions, and it was obvious that they wanted to return to their own land..."

Xiao Rang's mouth was bitter for a while. He had misunderstood Yun Xie before, and he had done so many bad things. How did his father forgive him...

If it wasn't for the housekeeper, Xiao Rang really wanted to cover his face silently.

Xiao Rang remembered that there was a lot of uproar in the past, so he insisted and asked, "Why didn't you explain it at the beginning?"

"You explained, you also forgot?" The housekeeper looked at Xiao Rang with an increasingly strange look, "You couldn't be mad at first, so you took out the land deed, it was written well in white and black, and the handprints of the people were also Press it on it, but they insist on saying that you are a fake. How can the people outside listen to this, they only listen to what they want to hear, even if the land deed is well written, they are not blind."

"Later Jing Zhaoyin came forward and arrested many peasants to go to the government. They have repeatedly announced that the land deed is true, but it is not that Jing Zhaoyin is timid and afraid of things, and he is afraid of your coercion and forced to distort the facts..."