CH:18{Where in the Arena is Kenshin Kuroshi?}

Unknown Location.

Kenshin was sitting in a chair with Ravel sitting in front of him. "You know. You don't have to sit on the floor." Kenshin said.

"Oh?" Ravel said turning toward him. "Well then if you insist..." She said getting up and plopping down right on his lap.

"Oof..." Kenshin grunted.

"Hah? Are you implying that I'm heavy?" Ravel said with narrowed eyes.

"You plopped down right on my lap, if you moved back any further you'd have landed right on my groin." Kenshin said with an eyeroll.

"Ah..." Ravel nodded. "I must say, you're a lot nicer than the rumors suggest."

"Oh?" Kenshin said.

"Yeah, they suggest you're a real jerk." Ravel said.

"Only to people who incur my ire. You're alright." Kenshin said with a grin.

"Hahaha, I see." Ravel laughed. "I gotta say, I'm impressed, your younger sister came up with a really good strategy, having Yukari obscure your presence with an illusion and giving out false locations is a really smart plan. Despite the numbers difference, you really could win this game."

"Yeah, Miyuki's a really good strategist in her own right." Kenshin said with a smile. "Speaking of...I wonder how Rias is scouting them right now?"

Meanwhile Akeno was flying through the air when she was forced to dodge out of the way of a staff. She watched it fly back to where it was thrown. "Ara? Miyuki-San's fighting me?" She said seeing a figure approaching.

"Close. The one who taught her how to use her weapon."

Akeno smiles casually seeing Hikari flying up to her with her wings uncased. "Ara ara...Bishops aren't usually known for fighting."

Hikari smiled coyly. "I'm not your usual bishop." She said gripping her shield tightly. "Better watch out Akeno-Chan, you might just lose your head fighting me."

"Oh?" Akeno said. "Well then...I suppose we should get started." She finished as a bolt of her thunder magic struck Hikari. "Ufufufu...I hope Kenshin-kun won't hate me for hurting his mother."

"Hurt whom?" Hikari asked emerging unharmed, with her shield glowing, held over her head. "Come now Akeno-Chan...did you really think you'd beat me that easily?"

"Ufufufu..." Akeno giggled licking her lips. "This should be fun."

Hikari lowered her shield revealing a number on the front of it. It read seven...then six...then five...it eventually reached zero and Akeno was forced to dodge out of the way of her own attack "!" Akeno looked over at Hikari wide eyed. The Tsuki clan matriarch merely smiled. "How?" Akeno asked.

"My shield was developed by Az...a friend of mine at my request...it's like the one I used to use before I became a devil. It's ability is to absorb spells." Hikari said. "However with a couple of key differences. The counter you saw...it starts at fifteen, and goes down to zero. When it gets to zero, I better have it pointed away from me, as it will discharge the spell I have loaded inside it whether I like it or not. There are limits to what I can absorb, but your magics is within my limits, yes...this will do nicely. Also there is a cooldown period before I can absorb another spell...but don't expect me to let you know that."

"...Ufufufu." Akeno giggled again. "This is going to be really fun..."

Meanwhile Kiba and Xenovia were walking through a forested path when the latter turned her head, hearing the brush rustling. "Come on out, you can't hide yourself from me."