CH:30{The View from the Bottom}

From where we left off.

The group entered the safehouse. Kenshin narrowed his eyes as the mess that was present. "Hn, times like this make me really appreciate the cottage and Hyoudou Residence." Kenshin said.

"Thank you for the compliment Kenshin-San." Chachamaru said bowing respectfully.

"Yup." Kenshin said. "Anyway, if you'd rather not live in a sty, I suggest you get cleaning. Azazel and I are gonna go lock up Dolnegus."

Everyone nodded and started cleaning. Kenshin and Azazel went down to the first basement and looked around. "Oh, it's a dungeon already, even better." Azazel said.

"..." Kenshin walked over to one of the cells and threw Dolnegus onto the mattress. He locked the cell door and held onto the key and handed Azazel one as well. "We'll both take turns keeping watch on him."

"Right, but I gotta ask...why not just off him?" Azazel asked.

"He said he has a seal on his person that would alert the Confederacy if he flatlines, as much as I would like to, we don't need that kind of heat on us right now." Kenshin said.

"Alright. Now what's your beef with Sirzechs? I get that he didn't tell you things you would have liked to know, but what's the big deal?" Azazel asked.

"Azazel, think of it this way. I summon you, then neglect to tell you that I also summoned Barakiel and Shemhaza at some point after I summoned you. Along the way you come to realize that just about everyone you ever knew or cared about was dead." Kenshin said.

"..." Azazel sighed. "OK, I get it, but I still think you should try and mend things between you two sooner rather than later."

"Why?" Kenshin asked.

"Because Sirzechs was told by the council to give them a full report! He'll have to tell them that you beat him half to death!" Azazel said.

"Hmph...we'll see, for now in order to keep conflicts to a minimum I'm just going to try to avoid him like the plague." Kenshin said. "Come on."

The two came back upstairs and blinked in confusion. "...Wow, that was fast." Azazel said.

"No kidding." Kenshin said seeing the entire first floor was cleaned.

"What's going on over there?" Azazel said seeing everyone except Evangeline, Sirzechs and Grayfia gathered around Chachamaru. Kenshin shrugged and went over there with him.

"Oh, Kenshin-San your pawn has an interesting ability." Sona said.

"Huh?" Kenshin said.

"Your pawn is able to determine the strength and abilities of everyone here." Rias said. "Want to give it a try Kenshin?" She asked.

"...Oh fine." Kenshin said stepping forward. "Go ahead and scan me Chachamaru."

"Hai." Chachamaru said taking a look at him before holding her hand out to create a screen. "You can take this and look at it."

Kenshin took it and looked it over. "What do the letter grades mean?"

"I felt they were more apt than using numbers as some people's numbers could be immeasureable." Chachamaru said. F is the lowest you can have, S is the highest, while some might be so high they could be registered with an X.

"Hmmm." Kenshin said.

"Strength is how hard you can strike without augmentation among other things. Dexterity is your agility and speed. Constitution is how much you can take both seeing and in manners of pain. Intelligence is Logic and Memory. Wisdom has to do with your magic as well as your social skills. And of course the last stat, Luck affects every little thing."