CH:19{Back to Kuoh}

Issei stood outside, drinking juice from a vending machine when Kenshin approached him. "Yo, how ya feeling?" He asked.

"Well...I had to get a blood transfusion right after I got knocked out. Man Kaichou is brutal." Issei said.

"I know." Kenshin said. "Well...I can't say I really blame Sona for using such an sneaky tactic to get rid of you."

"Why?" Issei asked with narrowed eyes.

"Because, no one in her peerage has the combination of raw strength and magical talent that I have. That is needed to compete with you in the Balance Breaker. The only reason Saji was able to go for as long as he did with you, is because he used his Absorption Line to drain your magic and blood." Kenshin said.

"Still, we've won two times, but between getting systematically picked apart by you, and caught off guard by Kaichou. I can't feel like our prides have taken a hit." Issei said.

"Oh well, if people wanna doubt you, Rias, Akeno, Kiba, Xenovia, or Koneko, then let 'em." Kenshin shrugged. "Let's go see how Saji's feeling. Dude has to be feeling down after getting K'Oed by you." He said buying a couple of drinks and walked toward Saji's room in the hospital. "Hm?"

"What's up?" Issei whispered as Kenshin peered into the door.

"Sirzechs is in there with Sona. I think he's presenting something to Saji." Kenshin said.

"Umm...this is.." Saji said.

"Correct, it's a medal given to the one who performed most impressively in the Rating Game. We've decided to give it to you." Sirzechs said.

"!" Saji stared at him, in shock. "Wh-What? I-I lost to Hyoudou though."

"You did, you did." Sirzechs nodded, taking the medal out and pinning it to Saji's chest. "But to that extent. Issei-kun, or rather the Red Dragon Emperor was eliminated as well. We watched your battle with excitement, even the Norse Allfather praised your efforts."

"S-Seriously? !" Saji said.

"Of course. You shouldn't humble yourself. Even a devil like you can aim for the top." Sirzechs said. "Keep devoting yourself, I have high expectations of you."

"By the way, I wouldn't say you lost to Issei, Saji." Kenshin said entering the room. "Issei was eliminated by way of you draining him of his power and blood. I'd call it a tie. Here." He said tossing him one of the juice cans he bought.

Saji caught the can and fingered around with the medal. Sirzechs patted his head. "No matter how many decades it takes, never let go of your dream of being a Rating Game Teacher."

Saji wiped the tears in the corners of his eyes. "Yes, I understand!" He said with a resolute nod. "And Kenshin, if you say that is true. Then next I'll be coming for you!" He declared pointing at him.

"Hahahahahaha." Kenshin chuckled. "I always welcome a challenge my friend. You name the time and place and I'll be there."

"Well, seeing as we both lost to Rias, Kenshin. Maybe we should play against each other sometime." Sona offered.

"I accept." Kenshin said. "Now that I've seen you and your peerage in battle, I'll be able to gameplan."

Issei shook his head at Kenshin's behavior and walked away. "Until this point. I've only considered Vali and Kenshin my rivals. I'll have to apologize to Saji about the way I acted in the game. He's one of my rivals now." Issei thought.

"Oh, Kenshin I almost forgot." Sirzechs said taking out a second case with the same medal Saji had on him. "I had forgotten to hand this to the one who performed most impressively in your Rating Game. Could you hand it to your little sister for me?"