CH:107{Free At Last}

In the Paru Sama.

Tamamo was in the bridge with Alice, having volunteered to guard her. "The shadow demons and evil dragons are a bad touch, but everyone seems to be handling them alright."

"Yes." Alice said, before turning her head as the door opened. "You..."

In the doorway stood Negi, dressed in her mage clothes. "Haa...haa...please...you have to take me to Kenshin."

"To Kenshin, Negi...you don't look like you're in any condition to move let alone fight." Tamamo said. "Kenshin forbade you from fighting until your mana poisoning was cleared up."

"Take it easy girl, Kenshin would be worried or guilty if something happened to you." Alice said.

"Besides, the change I'm sensing in Kenshin's power now...he should be able to handle Ialda now." Tamamo said.

"You don't understand!" Negi shouted. "I was too tired and too sick to tell him, but there's a spell he needs to use in conjunction with the Hama no Tsurugi, Asuna-San's artifact! I never had the energy to show him how to use it! If I don't get to him now it will be too late! He'll kill Ialda and be possessed by the Resonance which will blossom anew!"

"!" Tamamo and Alice stared at Negi in shock. Alice's gaze hardened. "We'll have to take it slow, and Tamamo will be the only one that can really fend off the shadow demons and dragons."

"Why can't you?" Negi asked.

"..." Alice looked down at the slight bulge in her belly. "Because...I don't want to lose the children he gave me." She said with a smile.

"Wait...Kenshin and you...are...?" Negi said, surprised.

"Yes." Alice said holding her hand over her belly. "He and I are going to be parents of twins."

"O-Oh my god..." Negi said. "T-Then I couldn't possibly ask you to-!" Alice had slithered forward and grabbed both her hands with a smile.

"I had him do this because I love him too. If what you're going to do will ensure his survival, I will do it." Alice said. "I swear this on my life as Queen of Demons."

"You're the-!" Negi was cut off by Tamamo giggling.

"If you think that's surprising, you should know I'm one of the first demons to ever exist, and I too hold affection for Kenshin as his queen." Tamamo said with a smile. "I don't mind defending you both."

Negi smiled. "I'm so glad Kenshin found so many people who care about him."

"Hmhm." Tamamo and Alice laughed. "Alright, ready to go?"

Negi took out her mage staff, returned to her from Kenshin from his battle with her father. "Let's go. I can fly on my own, I just need defending."

The three headed for the deck. "Hey...Alice-San." Negi said.

"Hm?" Alice said.

"W-When your children are born...and I know we've only just met, but I would love it if you named me their godmother." Negi said.

"..." Alice stared at her for a moment before smiling. "I'll consider it. I do need to get to know you myself after all."

"Hmhm." Negi smiled back. "I understand." Negi said adjusting her small glasses before turning to Tamamo. "So I take it Kenshin asked you to defend her highness?"

"That and I asked for the position anyway. I am Kenshin's queen in his peerage as well as the one who raised Alice after her mother's unfortunate passing. I felt it prudent to defend her rather than go onto the battlefield." Tamamo said.